Desperate

Discussion in 'Support' started by Julieanne, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Julieanne

Julieanne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres and Deafness, Hyperacusis
      I have just joined this site today. I am feeling so low. I have Meniere's, Deafness, Hyperacusis, Ear pain, Tinnitus etc and am having a really bad session at the moment. I have had this since 1999.

I was 42 then and am now just days away from my 60th. I am dreading it. Not aging, couldn’t care less about that. But am dreading the celebrations my family have arranged.

The noise and struggle to hear will be soul destroying. My social life has all but disappeared as I can’t face the stress of one!

Has anyone invested in hearing aids that incorporates a white/pink noise option? Xx

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Hi Julieanne,
      Sorry to hear about your condition. Believe me, I am sympathetic.
      I have a set of hearing aids with some kind of noise targeted at my hearing loss. It does sound a bit like white noise, and I find that useful at times. I cycle between the modes of my hearing aid all the time, because none of them is really comfortable.

Good luck to you. You're not alone in this.

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Can't you talk to them and explain that you would enjoy a quiet event the most?

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Yeah, that would be sensible. Family celebrations are very stressful in terms of noise, weddings, birthdays, christmas etc These celebrations could be made gentler on ears, but it seems noise is part of the whole experience. Too bad..

5. Tommi_boi
      Thinking

Tommi_boi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I would certainly try and request a relaxing but quieter celebration if possible , but who knows you might get that anyway!

It's often out of your control of somebody else is organising an event but if the person is well educated in what you are suffering from it should help.

Of course you could pretend to be ill ;)