Developed Hyperacusis 1 Week Ago

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marko Nakovski, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Chris Robinson

Chris Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      various
      I had Hyperacusis so badly I swear that I could hear every insect in a evening walk . Unlike yourself this condition then developed into T . My advice , total silence just protect your ears at all times. This will go away over time ,give your ears a chance to heal.

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      do you have noise induced pain? like burning, swelling, numbness. in your ear, face head?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
    4. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Over time you will see. ENTs sometimes dont have a clue about hyperacusis but they do know about hearing loss, as they treat many patients that progressively get deaf or develop hearing loss.

The examples any ENT will offer patients about typical sounds that worsen hearing loss and may make patients lose hearing in just one episode of brief noise exposure are very loud sounds that go up in volume fast (high dynamic range), and these are firecrakers, car horns, power tools, shooting of course.. all these sounds can make you worsen permanently with just a few seconds of exposure, just because the dynamic range is so high, and our ears are not prepared for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1