Did My Tinnitus Become Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lilpeep, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Lilpeep
      Surrender

Lilpeep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hello,

My tinnitus was gone for a little while but decided to come back in full effect :)

now I am on day 10 of having tinnitus, today was really stressful for me.

In the morning I was sitting in my room reading an article about tinnitus, after a while, reading some horror stories, emotions caught up with me.

Out of response I screamed, quite loud. The room was like I said quiet. After my emotions settled down I think I noticed my tinnitus got louder because of my own scream of anger.

Is this my second acoustic trauma? Is it just a spike? I feel hopeless, I can't even express my emotions without worsening my own condition. I'm only 22 years old.

Is it even possible to do further damage with your own voice? I have read somewhere that when you scream your ears get blocked. Otherwise every baby should be deaf by the time they grow up right?

Thanks all

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      It should take more than 1 screaming, to further damage the ears. Your tinnitus is new and you are quite emotional (all of us were). I suggest that you don't scream again and try to avoid loud noises. The loud noises can impact the ears and it is a gradual thing. If loud noises continue, then your tinnitus can gain intensity and become louder.

I cannot explain it, but from my observation when my ears hear a loud noise, they start to feel full and blocked as well. It might be some sort of reaction/nervous reaction. I cannot explain, why it happens but it also happens to myself and other members here. Please try to remain calm, stress can magnify the tinnitus to new levels.

Do protect your ears, but don't let it become obsessive and don't over-protect. @Michael Leigh also agrees with this point. Over-protection can bring on lots of negativities, that can be difficult to overcome.

The key is to gain the support + not focus on the noise + and make some adjustments that will help you live your life. All folks can live their life, no matter how loud or intense their tinnitus is. We have to formulate new strategies and create a new plan for our life. It can be difficult, but it is very possible.

This board and myself will always support you :)

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lilpeep
      Surrender

Lilpeep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thanks for your quick response. I am still learning to accept whats happening. I have so much questions. Maybe its a good time to ask them here right now too!

1. I do kickbox as sport (i only train) every time after training, i have a huge spike. Could this become permanent, should i avoid excersise?

2. I really want to smoke a cigarette and relax but because im so new to tinnitus i still think i can recover, what are the chances that when i smoke like a cigarette or 2 a day that my tinnitus wont heal at all in comparison to not smoking at all in the next few months?

3. After this accoustic trauma, is it smart to wear earplugs all the time to give my ears a rest?

4. Any food what could help my healing?

5. Can stress have permanent effect on tinnitus or just temporary?

Thanks for everything!

4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I do full contact MMA and we have to box and kick bags. At first I use to not wear ear plugs and my tinnitus was going through the roof. I wear one ear plug in my poor ear and sometimes in the other. The noise from punching bags and kicking bags bothers my ears and gives me spikes. maybe wear ear plugs, or find an activity that is not as loud.

I would not smoke cigs, it's unhealthy and it makes me feel just horrible. It can cause anxiety/depression and those are not going to play nice with tinnitus at all.

Wear ear plugs in loud places (bars,pubs live events). Don't over do this and become obsessed.

Eating healthy can make us feel healthy and possibly have less stress. This will not cure tinnitus but it can possibly help you avoid spikes and stress.

Stress can do tons to the body and mind and needs to be avoided at all costs. Stress/anxiety can bring on spikes and keep them going for quite a while.

Take care :)

• Like Like x 1
    5. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      I doubt a scream can make it worse unless it's next to your ear over and over again. My kids scream all the time and it hasn't done anything bug aggravate my T once since I was holding him next to my head.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lilpeep
      Surrender

Lilpeep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      IF i continue wearing earplugs while training kickbox, i will probably be OK right? I dont wanna give it up because i really like doing it. I think I will just smoke 1 or 2 ciggies in the weekend and perhaps a joint if I feel like it. I used to really love doing that in the weekends and would hate to quit just because of this bullshit haha. Hopefully my t will settle down ever or i learn how to cope with it completely. Thanks all

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lilpeep
      Surrender

Lilpeep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      The scream came from myself so it was technically next to my ear haha. I will try to avoid these mental breakdowns in te future.

8. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      My 2 cents.

I don't see any downside to kickboxing, outside of getting kicked in the head. Seriously though, the physical activity is great for anxiety/depression. Do no stop physical activity even if it may raise your T temporarily due to blood-pressure.

• Like Like x 1