Distorted Hearing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nick miles, May 28, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Nick miles

Nick miles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Evening everyone

I'm really struggling at the moment, my eustacian tubes are popping everyone I swallow, really loud it is and there's an echo after each one, also for the past week my hearings been really distorted on both ears, I've had this before but never this bad, and to top it off I've got a new tinnitus tone, anyone know anything about hearing distortion? I had a hearing test done Wednesday and it was in normal range

2. Nick miles

Nick miles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Was also wondering if other people's tinnitus gets louder in response to noise, like watching TV

3. Nonna
      Barefooter

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      Yes I have turned on the closed caption. My tube pops too but not as loud. I think my tube is inflamed, just a guess.

4. Nick miles

Nick miles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Have you tried anything to alleviate the ear popping

5. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      Hello Nick,

Can you try and explain your experience with distorted sounds in more detail and try and maybe give an example of it?

Thanks

6. Nick miles

Nick miles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi nick

It's difficult to explain, if there's lots of people clapping on TV, or watching a football match on TV, it's as if I'm listening to it through a tube or a shell, it also happens with other sounds like kettle boiling or the shower running

7. Nonna
      Barefooter

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      Only teas, hot water, cold water and popsicles, nothing physical like blowing. There is a YouTube video showing u how to access it. An article says you can find it behind the tonsillar pillar, it feels like a hole. There are some chiropractors who can drain it for you.