Distorted Hearing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nick miles, May 28, 2016.

1. Nick miles

Nick miles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Evening everyone,

I'm really struggling at the moment, my eustachian tubes are popping everytime I swallow, and there's an echo after each pop.

For the past week my hearing has been really distorted in both ears, I've had this before but never this bad.

To top it off I've got a new tinnitus tone. Anyone know anything about hearing distortion?

I had a hearing test done Wednesday and it was in normal range.

2. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Yes I have turned on the closed caption. My tube pops too but not as loud. I think my tube is inflamed, just a guess.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick miles

Nick miles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Have you tried anything to alleviate the ear popping?

4. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      Hello Nick,

Can you try and explain your experience with distorted sounds in more detail and try and maybe give an example of it?

Thanks.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick miles

Nick miles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Nick,

It's difficult to explain, if there's lots of people clapping on TV, or watching a football match on TV, it's as if I'm listening to it through a tube or a shell, it also happens with other sounds like kettle boiling or the shower running.

6. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Only teas, hot water, cold water and popsicles, nothing physical like blowing. There is a YouTube video showing u how to access it. An article says you can find it behind the tonsillar pillar, it feels like a hole. There are some chiropractors who can drain it for you.

7. lis

lis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      severe 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Yes I'm experiencing the "listening through a seashell" distortion to low frequency sounds like deep voices, snoring, knocking hollow wood.

Anyone experiencing this long-term and coping?

8. Sointu
      No Mood

Sointu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (also maybe med withdrawal)
      I am experiencing this type of distortion in my left ear. Like I am listening to every sound through a seashell. I have experienced this for months but not constantly. Sometimes it is a bit easier. At the same time many noises sound a bit dull in my ear, especially sounds like male voices.