Distorted Sound with Very Loud Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by danni1979, Mar 4, 2016.

1. danni1979

danni1979 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Heya,i posted yesterday over a couple of episodes im freaking out about,& ive scoured the forum & hve come across a couple of posts saying when their tinnitus is loud it distorts sounds..now durig these couple of episodes(crazy ear pressure/fullness) my t has gone mental loud,when i talk or hear sounds(hubbys voice etc)its like theres a vibration undercurrent that i hear?? Any of this sound familiar??

2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah Mines like that. This drives me crazy. I would rather sit in the quiet with my T blasting than listen to anything for this reason. Certain noises sound shrill and have components of my T mixed in with them. If I listen to background sounds, they are like a high pitched painful static that fill my head.

3. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Me too.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      danni1979

danni1979 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Wow really?? Kinda like a dalek voice undercurrant which vibrates?? Do any of you have aural fullness with it as well?? X

5. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sometimes, if I've been around too much sound. It feels like swelling and I wonder if its inflammatory.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      I have aural fullness when I'm somewhere loud and when I get back to a quiet place it'll go down within 2 hours.

7. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Do you get pain when your ears feel swollen. I get this same inflamation feeling at the end of every day.

8. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, but not really severe. More an ache, which would make sense if inflammation was occurring. Often I can tell easily that there's aberrant muscle activity going on in there because I get occasional spasmodic pain in and under my ear. Sometimes though, and its a thing with TTTS/myoclonus and sound intolerance where it seems a bit of a chicken and egg argument. Does TTTS/myoclonus cause sound intolerance/sensitivity, or is it a response to it? I can't map it out.