Dizzy All Day!

Discussion in 'Support' started by alifalijohn, Jul 9, 2014.

1. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Does anyone know how to combat dizziness? my dizziness started before my T, Doctor did all sorts of test, MRI, cat scan , hearing test , audio, everything came back fine, except during the course of all that test I develop T,
      My ENT has done nothing , except to give a sheet with some exercise to do, his exercise is not helping. I also have H. Life is not so good right now!
      Does anyone have any suggestion?, answers would be much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Ask your doctor if meclizine will help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Ali I've started again on cinnarizine,tried it last year for few months,15 mg ,been on them 4 days,no change.im on a boat permanently.worst feeling ever,even in bed feelings the same,worse laying on my back,my cousin has had it for weeks,she's had to go to bed so bad.wonder if one of the Drs on site can give advice.My husband even asked Hsp physio but turned out to be exercise I'd tried,know like you we'd feel lot better in ourselves if we could get this put right. Will take note of any suggestions,maybe one will be answer for us both ,walking is the time it really hits me,keep our hopes up this will soon be gone.Will keep eye on this thread.

4. My tmjd causes me to feel like I am on a boat alot...it sucks. .interestingly this feeling preceeded my T and and H in December...I just rest my jaw and it passes..

5. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      i experience profound dizziness, sometimes to the point of room spinning vertigo. meclizine doesn't work for me. i take betahistine 24mg twice per day and i think it helps. i also take ativan 0.5mg three times a day and i feel this also helps, as benzodiazepines are often indicated for vertigo and dizziness.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Hello Marlene, how long have you had the dizziness?.i have mines 4 months now , before T ..not sure if this related to t..let me know.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Ali had this going on for 3 yrs ,It could be tinnitus or maybe hormone related.just began after an Osteopath visit for allergy,only thing I can pin the time line on,to it starting,like yourself can't find the answers,got to be out there somewhere.Dont get why some of us with tinnitus have it whilst others don't,do more females with tinnitus get it than males ?if yes then I put it down to hormones,again not totally sure just another avenue to look at.Hope one or few of us discover the remedy and pass it on.Will say the most I know with dizzy,balance issue with and without tinnitus have been females,also they have IBS and BV as another issue who I've spoken to.I had tinnitus long before this balance appeared.Matt said he's had some help on what he's taking for,worth giving them a go Ali if you've not tried them.Never had any sickness feeling with balance.

8. ashley
      Busy

ashley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/28/2014
      Do you feel like you or the room is spinning, or do you just feel off balance?

9. mcauth

mcauth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I had a friend at work struggle with fits of sever dizziness - months went by with multiple doctors with wrong / incorrect diagnoses. One finally checked her out and immediately identified an inner ear infection. She went on meds, and the dizziness went away...

Definitely something to check on if you've not done so already. Good luck!

10. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      alifalijohn, I'm not sure if you're experiencing just some light-headed dizziness or actual Vertigo. If you're experiencing a spinning type of dizziness then you might just benefit from this procedure:

Vertigo Treatment - How To Treat Vertigo

There are a number of very positive comments from some of the people it has helped on the actual Youtube site.. Sometimes it's necessary to do it a few times in order to get the desired results.

Good Luck!

11. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi any chance you can find out what your workmate was given,maybe they had a switched on dr .Had this for so long now ,nothing's shifted it back.Hope your friend can remember what it was,maybe yes,as it sometimes come back,and what she had worked,you'd take note of med.I do.Thanks.

12. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hello Ashley,mine is more Rocking,then when stood still it's like I'm swaying,but my husband says I'm not moving,horrible feeling all day long ,7 days a week,keeps me indoors lot of the time,bad as tinnitus is,my quality of life took a nose dive when this balance began.keep looking for the way to straighten it up.Get there eventually.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. ashley
      Busy

ashley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/28/2014
      That sounds horrible! Did you have a VEMP or VNG done? I saw the other tests you mentioned in the first post, but didn't see those!

14. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      This happened to me before my T started. It was horrendous. Get some blood tests done and rule out any viruses. I ended up finding out I had a virus attacking my liver of all things.. which unfortunately is not cureable but definitely treatable. 3 months into the treatment and I'm aboiut 75-80% better than I was. It's amazing what some of this stuff can do to you without warning.

15. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @Marlene,

Has a doctor checked you for possible ear infection? I know I've had dizziness due to ear infections before, and after taking an antibiotic for a few days, the dizziness went away. If you haven't been checked for that, it's worth a try.

Tinnitus caused me to experience vertigo/dizziness for a couple years, but it finally went away on its own. I did have an Epley maneuver done to "reset the crystals" in my ears, and I think that helped. I don't know why the severe tinnitus caused dizziness, but since mine is in one ear only, it may have been some sort of Eustachian tube imbalance due to the increase in tinnitus.

16. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Think viruses cause a hell of a problem ,this was the starting of all my problems,got infection in the menengies( fluid between brain and scull) it attacked the nerve ends inside the head.Head pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy ,had that for solid 4months ,lost over 4 stone in weight,I looked dreadful.tinnitus shot of the scale,then this balance began 6 yrs later,always had neck ache since virus.Had X rays then CT scan 2 bones in my neck were out,had them put back in place,but still the problem remains.Balance been looked at,but no joy.You name it I've tried it.I had a neck tumor removed last yr,was hoping going to get some results from that to regarding tinnitus,balance and neck,no still hanged in there.So I tell people beware of what you pick up on the bug front.I don't !even my own family and friends can't believe how that head virus has changed me,and my whole life.Cant take ones health lightly,look what's happened to a once healthy me.Lucky I've had that liver and kidneys blood test,couple of times,my levels were okay whatever they look for.Plus I've had blood test done for op,again whatever they look for prior op.,could be that virus is still lurking ,got to admit I'm wary when I get bad rhinitis pain ,is it that virus paying me a return visit.that pain I will never forget.Max I've been on the Dizzy site that's an interesting site.thanks to you and Lucky,good that people do care for another.XX

17. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Marlene,

I'm so sorry that you've had so many problems since the virus and then the infection! It sounds like the meningitis might have been what set off your tinnitus, and maybe your dizziness as well. Has the doctor given you any sort of prognosis, or what to expect going forward? I wonder if the dizziness will gradually subside on its own?

I think you are very brave, and you always seem to be an upbeat, positive sort of person! Take care; sending lots of hugs your way!

• Like Like x 1
    18. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hello Karen ,I'm at a loss ,total loss,Had neck exercises done ,had ears checked ,only had my ears syringed done the once ,week before last years op. I've had swollen mastoid bone in my worst tinnitus ear(left ) ,had the neck op on the other side.Got to be some connection to it all.Eye test fine ,optician said it was linked to the tinnitus my balance. Maybe get ENT to take another closer look,Maxi surgeon did say to get back to him anytime.Route to go I believe.I was cut from behind my ear to under my chin,so he must have had good look around at any tube on the lighter tinnitus ear .You' d think.something I will ask about. It's only when you talk to others ,you get a better view on what you need to do.More brains working on it the better.Get me out and about quicker.
      Sad you've been through this to,not easy by far,glad you came through it,never to return .Your my age Karen I'm 67 next month,didn't see this coming.Thats life for you.Thanks Karen look into Eustachian Tubes being blocked . Go have a chat with dr next,see to get me moving forward,instead of static at present. XX

19. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Marlene,

Well, I hope the doctors are able to figure out something for you. Just getting rid of the dizziness would help, wouldn't it? I remember what my vertigo was like; it was very scary, and I hope never to go through that again! Somehow, it seems like your ailments are somehow all connected; too bad the doctors can't seem to see that.

Yes, I think it takes us longer to heal when we are in our 60's. You never know what life is going to throw at you, but I feel that you will handle it no matter what. I can tell that you are a strong and positive person. That goes a long way toward healing. Take care, and keep us posted on how you're doing, and what your doctors say!
      XX Karen

• Like Like x 1
    20. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Will do Karen,always been told I've got a stoic nature,maybe that's been my downfall to all what's happened.
      Comes from being a long term service wife,get your head down and get on with it,always on the move and no family around,suppose it stuck.Never a complainer,till this balance began,hoped get up one morning and it's gone,think you had same thought,long time you had it for,but hey it gives me hope ,you just completed that race,wouldn't have thought possible when you had the balance going ,but you came through,no reason I can't .It can be fixed you've proved that.All the plans you make for this stage of life,proves one thing to me and mine,short term plans ,not long ones.XX

• Hug Hug x 1