Dizzy!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sqweezy, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Sqweezy

Sqweezy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi! I've suffered with Tinnitus for about 6 months. Wakened up one night hearing a loud buzzing noise. This happened every night for a fortnight. Sounded "electrical", like the droning noise the refrigerator makes. I went round the house checking everything, sat up during the night with TV on to help drown out the sound no-one else could hear. I thought I was going out of my mind. Then someone said "sounds like Tinnitus". I went to my GP, but tbh, by the time I got an appointment, I was already beginning to find creative ways to drown out the sound. I've had a audiology test and been seen at ENT, and told there is no cure for Tinnitus. I have had the occasional "wobble" ie unsteadiness, where I have taken some steps and either staggered sideways or backwards. I never thought of these as related at all, just caused by fatigue, but, in the last week, I have been feeling decidedly giddy, and very nauseaus when changing sleeping position, so much so, I've been having to get up during the night. I work long hours which in itself is tiring, and the lack of sleep isn't helping. I'm currently awaiting an MRI to check for a benign tumour. Am wondering if anyone else has a similar experience - Tinnitus with increasing balance problems. I have no hearing loss.

2. Pinky329

Pinky329 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello @Sqweezy,
      Just wondering how you're coming along and how your MRI came out? I, as well, have had ringing in the ears for about 6 months. Before that for about 6 months the right ear was constantly plugged, not something that came and went, but constant.... To this day. The dr's I've seen (now 5 of them!) have not ordered any imaging because I had not had balance issues nor any hearing loss. Lo and behold yesterday I awoke and couldn't even stand up because every time I did I was so dizzy I would fall over. A trip to the ER nipped that in the bud, but I'm still freaked out and nervous over it coming back. Maybe now my doctors will be more proactive though?

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to the forum.
      You might have a virus like Labyrinthitus or signes of menieres but don't go googling it and get stressed out.
      See ENT and have your MRI and see what they say as I'm not a doctor.
      Buccastem or Betahistine or Proclorperazine will help with nausea and feeling dizzy..lots of love glynis

4. Purple Parrot
      Bookworm

Purple Parrot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015 - 3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple: anxiety, childhood ear infections, loud music
      Could be benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. That's the most common cause of vertigo.

Have had it myself several times. Best to see a doctor about it as they will give you some exercises to help relieve the symptoms.