Do I Have Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jo67, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Jo67

Jo67 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi all
      Do I have tinnitus?
      I have had my tumble dryer on most of the day as the weather is horrid and wet. However it makes a low-pitch droning sound. It has been off for 4 hours yet I can still hear it and there is nothing on in the house.

This also happens at other times though not all the time. We used to have a noisy computer fan. Now ours is fairly quiet but I do spend a lot of time on our PC as I work from home. In the evenings I go to bed and I hear a sound like the computer fan but again there is nothing switched on. I started noticing it a handful of months ago.

I don't hear high pitched sounds or buzzing like some people and it doesn't happen all the time and at the moment I can't say that it is really affecting my quality of life like I have read it does for some, though I have always had a little hearing loss right from being young though I don't wear a hearing aid.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me any advice.
      Thanks in advance :)

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      The
      Medical Dictionary
      tinnitus tin·ni·tus (tĭ-nī'təs, tĭn'ĭ-)
      n. pl. tin·ni·tus·es
      A sound in one ear or both ears, such as buzzing, ringing, or whistling, occurring without an external stimulus and usually caused by a specific condition, such as an ear infection, the use of certain drugs, a blocked auditory tube or canal, or a head injury.

Hi Jo, Technically yes, to your question by the definition of tinnitus. I would see your Dr first and foremost, while waiting, do some reading here and see what the Dr has to say. Sounds like it is mild, but have it checked...