Do Panic Attacks Make Your Tinnitus Louder?

Discussion in 'Support' started by astaff14, Dec 13, 2019.

?

Do panic attacks make your tinnitus louder?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I don’t experience panic attacks

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      I had a panic attack after smoking a bit of weed the other day, and I’ve been wondering if it was mostly the weed that made my tinnitus so crazy (several blasting alarm sounds plus 2-3 droning rings) or if it was the panic. Thanks for any answers.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I had a panic attack this year - recently. I am often stressed out. Because of the nature of the tinnitus and I can't work because of it. I can't recall if I had a spike after. If I did, it was temporary.

How often do you smoke weed? I believe that there is no universal answer for weed. Some people here say weed contributes to a spike. Some say it helps (reduction or they are calmed?) and some people say their tinnitus doesn't change. All you can do is try weed again and see what happens?

I think if a panic attack affects tinnitus, a spike will probably calm down in a short while. I don't know about weed. Weed smokers will have a better idea. But, then again, I think it varies per person? Why aren't researchers testing whether weed does anything to tinnitus?

3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      it was. trust me. when I first got this mess I made some potent oil and it made me feel like I had descended into the pits of hell and gave me horrible anxiety.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      I’m sorry you experienced that. How long did it last for you after smoking?
      I really couldn’t believe how messed up it made me feel. Yesterday my tinnitus was still spiked from smoking (probably on top of getting little sleep) but today it’s gone back to its usual, however I am still very on edge. That level of noise scared the shit out of me.

5. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I ate it. Hours.
      Me too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      Can’t speak for the effects of weed on T, but I had a period of panic attacks a few years ago. It was like someone turned the T volume knob up, as it was hitting. Aprazolam turned it down. Crazy stuff. Bad times.

7. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      a primary function of our perceptual systems is to make us more aware of danger

this implicitly means that sensory percepts are experienced more strongly when in a state of panic or distress; it is a physiological response. Increased cortisol, pupil dilation, increased visual input, more rapid synaptic firing, suppression of urge to vacate bowels, etc.