Do Those with Tinnitus and Hearing Issues Talk Too Quietly?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CricketEars, Aug 5, 2019.

1. CricketEars

CricketEars Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2003
      For those with tinnitus and hearing issues, have you ever had people tell you that you talk too quietly?

I’ve noticed people have regularly struggled to hear me or tell me to speak up when my voice seems normal or maybe even loud to me. I never noticed this before having tinnitus and hearing issues.

2. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Not me. But I am around a lot of older people who can't hear with and without tinnitus so I have to speak up to be understood as do others.
      In spite of tinnitus and some hearing loss, I generally don't have a problem hearing more softer spoken people...but sometimes a particularly soft voice is a bit harder to hear.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CricketEars

CricketEars Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2003
      Thanks for your response, John. I just realized that my question wasn’t clear and was confusing. I apologize for that.

I was trying to ask if any people WITH hearing issues and T hearing their voice as normal/loud, while other people with “normal hearing” tell THEM that they can’t hear them and to speak up

4. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Yes I think that's quite common. Especially with earplugs in best with the silicon ones you can loosen when you need to talk to someone, then push them back in tight again when finished.

• Agree Agree x 1