Do You Guys Still Go for a Swim?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hariz Nonis, Dec 17, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Hariz Nonis
      Sleepy

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Maybe it's just me, since my T is related to Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, but my family is going to a water park and being I have to follow them, maybe even swim as well. Does it affect T badly? Anyone with experience?

2. Andersson
      Worried

Andersson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Swimming never effected my T. I love to swim in warm waters. Helps my T. Maybe because of my tensions.

3. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      I can't see swimming affecting ETD, just don't dive deep into the pool, cause that causes pressure in the ears.

4. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      But it may be best to see what others with ETD say as well

5. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Not been swimming for a while but need to christen my new costume soon...lots of love glynis

• Genius Genius x 1
    6. Hariz Nonis
      Sleepy

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Has anyone with T gone for a swim? If so, how was your experience? I have ETD, which was actually caused by swimming and having the water stuck in my ear. I haven't gone for a swim in over a year since then, but I don't know when the feeling of wanting to go for a swim might come back.

7. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Yep, been swimming regularly for the past 5mths. I don't put my head under the water though.

8. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      I grew up swimming competitively. I swim everyday. Swimming is refuge from tinnitus. I asked by GP when I contracted tinnitus and after he looked into my ears and saw no infection he said, he thought swimming would do more good due to the exercise value than foul. I have heeded this advice. I see no change in my tinnitus due to swimming and swimming not only keeps me fit but the water washing over my head and body as I swim literally drowns out my tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Gin
      Curious

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      I did swim for the first time the other day in a while. I had plugged ears a couple of days later. Haven't had that symptom in over a year. But I did swim underwater quite a bit. I would say go swim have fun, but be careful about swimming underwater.

10. Konstadinos

Konstadinos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (diagnosed with ETD, TMJD and Straigtened Neck)
      I also have tinnitus and ETD and all ENT's I've seen told swimming is fine. Sea is my life and seems that hepls with my tinnitus.