Do You Have Fatigue AND Tinnitus or Just Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by janet353, Jun 29, 2018.

1. janet353

janet353 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown (most likely severe trauma and stress)
      Hi, I'm new here. I've had fatigue and tinnitus since 2011. I'm curious is most of you have fatigue also or just the tinnitus noise? I realize that the noise can cause fatigue, but with me I see that I have 2 issues. If I have no fatigue (headaches, tiredness, weakness) and have energy and feel well the noise doesn't bother me as much even if it's loud. But if I have fatigue I feel horrible and the noise is unbearable.

Please share your thoughts on this. It's almost like the chicken or the egg, which came first the tinnitus or the fatigue? I got fatigue first, then tinnitus about two months later and neither of them have gone away in 7 years.

Janet

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welome to Tinnitus Talk
      @janet353 .
      Tinnitus can cause tiredness but also have your blood checked also.
      The last 18 months I have been sleepy 24/7 but since I came off a AD med and taking a multi vitamin I'm full life again.
      love glynis

3. Jon Rhynard
      Aggressive

Jon Rhynard Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Lately, I've come to realize that quality-of-sleep is more important than length-of-sleep. If the noise is loud, and I sleep for 8+ hours, I apparently didn't get enough REM. I wake up with the loud noise, and I feel tired and horrible, and the loudness continues. Two nights ago I only got 2 hours of sleep. Needless to say, yesterday sucked. Last night, from sleep deprivation, Klonopin and Diphenhydramine, I slept so soundly, that it felt like mere minutes before I had to get up. It was a full 8 hours of sleep, and so far, today, the volume has been a 3 (for me, that is a rare and amazing treat).

This condition is like having a brain that's decided that it needs to go to war...with itself.

• Agree Agree x 3