Do You Have Such That It's Unpleasant to Hear Your Own Speech?

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Jan 8, 2018.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Do you have this feeling, especially in the days when the tinnitus intensifies, that it is unpleasant to talk and listen to your own speech? it is perceived as something else?

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      When I had severe H, my own voice would be uncomfortable yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      What did disturb you more about your voice, the bass sound? Also did you have it in two ears?
      I am asking because my voice started to bother me now.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      No, everything about it. Its mere existence would be an issue.
      My H was so bad that I could not type on my laptop: pressing a key would feel painful.

I don't think so. So far only one of my ears has been busted by otosclerosis.

5. Elfin
      Wishful

Elfin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      what's the best way through this? I am experiencing the same but with low level music. I have tried on occasions to push through it, but not sure whether this is the best course of action. If the sound feels loud to you, but isnt harmfully loud, is it best to endure the pain and keep going through it?

6. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I don't really know, to be honest. In my case, surgery solved the problem...
      There are a few theories about how to deal with it, in particular, gradual exposure, but I've never experienced or applied them.

7. HCR123
      Frustrated

HCR123 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/anxiety from chronic pain; triggered by Audio test
      I don't know if it's my anxiety and I'm paying attention more to my voice, or it's the H after my spike from the dental cleaning I had done. It seems like when I talk the vibrations from the bass seem to sound a little bit tinny...not too bad but just a bit off...I just want to be at peace with whatever comes my way...I have such a hard time dealing w/changes, but I have no choice here....
      Do you also notice any other sounds that you didn't before? Like some changes to refrigerator, computer fan, or even lights when they are on in a quiet room?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Is there, in addition, you during the spike of tinnitus is that you do not feel comfortable listening to music? It seems to be interrupted by tinnitus and becomes some kind of inferior, unsaturated.

But after the disappearance of the spike music can again be heard with relative comfort (not loudly).

Is this familiar to you?