Do You Mainly Sleep on Your Right Side, Left Side, Back, or Stomach and Which Ear Is Your Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Feb 29, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. JasonP

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Or which ear has the loudest tinnitus? I was curious if sleep position could have an effect on tinnitus since sometimes people wake up with louder tinnitus.

2. zeroday
      Mellow

zeroday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Driving Truck
      My T is in both my ears and mind so it doesn't matter what position...having said that, I am completely habituated to it (20 years) and it is nothing more or less than a normal part of my life...

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      I have T in my right ear but sleep on my side with my head and left ear on the pillow.

4. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      T on left and mainly sleep on the right side. When I sleep on my left side, I obviously hear the T louder first, but then it quiets down a bit after a while. Rain sounds for masking on the background.

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      I'm trying to learn to sleep on my back on a wedge because I have back pain issues and I think this is beneficial.

Sometimes if I sleep with earplugs in, it seems to have some impact on T when I wake up, and once or twice I've slept in really awful positions which has strained my neck and given me worse ringing upon waking, but mostly it doesn't matter.

6. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      It seems that sleeping on my left side has the most calming effect in my T. I could be wrong though, just what I think seems to be happening.