Do You Remember the Days Leading Up to Your Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bobby Sinatra, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Bobby Sinatra

Bobby Sinatra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ambien Windrawal Suspected
      Can I have everyone jog their memory and recall those few weeks leading up to your tinnitus?

I remember the panic attacks and anxiety that was there for maybe 4 weeks before I heard something in my ears... But it's like the body already knew that changes are happening and it was reacting... I couldn't at first explain the panic attacks... I thought it was from the benzos that I took very seldomly...

But after four weeks I started hearing tinnitus...

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is your tinnitus very somatic? Do you have hyperacusis? I also had anxiety and panic attacks about a month before tinnitus. During the week I got tinnitus I was very stressed.

3. Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fridge, computer fans and lots of annoying sounds and stress
      Yeah I remember. I honestly don't even want to talk about it but to give a hint there were a lot of issues at home. A lot of annoying sound related ones. I remember that the stress made me long for silence too much. Like way too much. That's when I found out that there was a pitch noise in my head. I first thought it was coming from somewhere. Wow man thinking about it hurts. I would go to my dad's room and think to myself, why am I still hearing it? Where is it coming from? I kept thinking that it was the fan from my computer which I still heard from a distance. I had never heard about tinnitus. A sound in the head? Never thought that such a thing was even possible.

Only until I bought earplugs and I kept hearing it with the earplugs on. I got warmer and then I googled it and found out what was going on.

It wasn't so bad at the time. It became bad when my ears started to get muffled from annoying sounds. That was the part which was making things real bad for me because I loved music and now music was hurting my ears. It sucked.

I think in conclusion my tinnitus was caused by a combination of loud sounds through headphones and using that through the whole night to sleep to drain annoying sounds in the house.

I have moved since and have a better life, but I still haven't tried 'silence to recover' yet. I think I should perhaps.

Have still been using the TV and computer regularly but the tinnitus hasn't gone away yet so...

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I was very happy, in great shape, and feeling good about life.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I'd rather not! I think about them too much already. And it causes me much pain and regret. Still can't fully accept my new reality because of those days.

6. Matty1996

Matty1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1st August 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too much Skálmöld
      Completely the same here.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Harley

Harley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Same here.
      This thing which I never even heard of, literally came out of nowhere and destroyed everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. Cape crusader
      Cool

Cape crusader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/18/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction ear wax removal
      Happy, content, healthy, fun loving, sociable, hard worker, comfortable, relaxed.

I could go on and on.

Now...... ALL CHANGED.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Happy, healthy, enjoying music as often and as loudly as possible.

Until that concert.

10. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      I don't remember much in detail but I do remember I was in a period of my life, where I was mentally well (I suffered from depression and some low anxiety on/off for years). I shared a picture on Instagram a few days before tinnitus set in. A picture of me from the shoulders and up, standing in the sunshine in my mothers garden. It's kinda eerie now, because in the picture I have my head fully turned sideways, so my one ear is what is in the center of the image... To think, a few days later them ears would change my life.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bobby Sinatra

Bobby Sinatra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ambien Windrawal Suspected
      Not somatic. No hyperacusis.