Do You Wake Up with Either Louder or Lower Tinnitus? Question for You

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Sep 15, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. JasonP

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Do you take any alcohol, supplements, or medicine before going to sleep? If so, what are they?
    2. william adams

william adams Member Benefactor

S Jersey
      Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      When I first got T my Dr. gave me a prescription for ambien one or two tablets per evening. I took a half of one tablet and would sleep 4 hours then take the other half and sleep another 3 to 4 hours. After a couple of monthes I was falling asleep on my own watching TV and decided I didnt need it anymore. I do play nature sounds in my room at night mostly crickets with birds chirping from you tube and it works out fine. Well that was going great but have alot of neck pain from arthritis and my ostopath told me to take one .5 valium every night to relax the muscles in my neck to relieve the pain. Sleeping like a baby again 7 to 8 hours straight through....I dont like taking medication but have to have relief.....
    3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      I don't have any problems sleeping. It's being awake that is rough. Sleep has always been my refuge in this battle. Even in the beginning when T was loudest and most painful, I could sleep. I used to go to work, then come home and pretty much go straight to bed. I was just exhausted from the noise and pain and sleeping was the only way to make it stop.
      I used to wake up in the morning with really loud T. I was amazed that I had slept with that noise going on in my head! I had to get quickly out of bed so I could bring in other senses like sight and smell and taste, and the T would back down a bit. I still value sleep as an escape but I sleep regular hours now, about 8 hours. Mornings are usually my quietest times now.
    4. MikeP505

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Ontario Canada
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      My T seems to be the same day and night. The odd time I will get an added tone in my left ear. A lower tone like the sound of a television channel going off the air for the night. This lower tone typically only lasts for around 30 minutes and then disappears.