Doctor Has Given Me Penicillin, Is It Safe to Take If You Have Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jack Thompson, Oct 6, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Jack Thompson

Jack Thompson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      neck trauma
      I have been having pain and discomfort above my pubic bone, around that area for months, went to a Sexual health clinic and got the swab, urine and HIV tests, all negative, then I went to my GP and done a urine test, saw my GP today about this discomfort I'm having and she said they found a bacteria in my urine test which can cause these symptoms, not sure what the bacteria is called, it begins with H, so she prescribed me Penicillin antibiotics, 4 times a day for 10 days, 250mg.

now I'm aware that some people have gotten Tinnitus from using antibiotics, although I have checked the side effects of Penicillin online and it does not say it can cause Ringing in the Ears, I already have Tinnitus from a neck problem and I'm a bit worried taking this Penicillin will make it louder or worse, but I of course don't want this bacteria they found to stay in me.

I'll take Probiotics while I take this antibiotics to keep myself healthy, I've taken other antibiotics before with no issues, from what I read penicillin seems safe but I'm not sure.
    2. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

New York
      Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      I never had a problem with penicillin
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I took pencillin as well. My T was fine. Make sure to take it to kill off the bacteria.
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. ampumpkin

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      penicillin is fine

I took Biaxin (clarythromycin) for an ear infection 2 years ago and it increased my T. Avoid at all costs!!