Does Anyone Else Have This Type of Noise?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Louise, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Just wondering if anyone else has this type of noise going on as I'm scared its only me!

The noise is not constant in tone and pitch as in its not a constant Eeeeeeee or hum, although there is Eeeeee in it. Its sort of has movement in it, like sliding up and down in pitch and it can move sort of in and out, it sort of sears in then backs off. All this within a couple of seconds. It sort of plays a tune. Not a real tune but going up and down all the time. I dont think it covers many pitches. The best way I can describe it is when you're trying to tune in a radio and it comes close to a station, but not on the station. So hard to describe it. There's also some background static noise but I know other people get that. Its this moving sound that I want to know about - if anyone else has it?

2. BOB3000

BOB3000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have moving sounds too. And I know exactly what you are talking about.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Thanks Bob. I thought there was only me in the world who had this type of noise. The movement attracts my attention so I cant see how you could habituate that. Have you had any success with habituation? How did you get T?

4. Fish
      Balanced

Fish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2012
      I think I know what kind of sound you have in mind. It is a fairly loud, piercing noise, kind of like a piledriver. And what is weird about it I could clearly hear it changing the pitch, slowly going up and down. I do not have this all the time, but I've had such a noise only in my right ear on few occasions before - I remember one time after AM-101 injection, the other time when I was sick with fever etc. It is the most worrying tone of them all and I am glad it didn't stay!

According to my doctor one possible cause of it was a massive congestion of sinuses and middle ear, causing eustachian tube to become immobilized and thus creating the air pressure in my ear. Are you allergic to anything Louise? Have you tried using a nasal decongestant? Stay strong!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hi Fish, I dont feel like I have sinus problems. Never have had that sort of trouble.
      The sound is very electrical with darting, whips in it that slide up and down in pitch. It does sound like what all the books etc say, electrical nerve activity. The movement makes it attract my attention. Awful.

6. PingoJack
      Spaced

PingoJack Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2000
      I have low frequency humming tone in my right ear that is not constant. There is a slight shift in the more high pitched sound in my left as well, but not as pronounced. I did a test in my bath tub. I went under water, and when I started hearing my heart beat it seemed like the shift in the T sound followed that rythm. I can also change the pitch in my left ear by turning my head far to the right. I don't know what to make of it though.