Does Anyone Else Own Westone Ear Plugs?

Discussion in 'Support' started by katri, Nov 2, 2018.

1. katri
      Chatty

katri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I just got them today from my audiologist (she has tinnitus too), she wears them to hockey games and other events since we live in Vegas.

I just put them in while I was in the car and omg!! I turned the radio up to like 30 and it didn’t feel like shit. I have 30 dB protection with them and it comes with this cool ass chart.

It’s right here.

Attached Files:

2. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      I just ordered some Westones from my audiologist -- I think I ordered a pair with 16 db reduction and 26 db reduction. They were thirty dollars a pair, so maybe on the lower end of the scale -- I'm not sure. (It was cheaper to order two pair as opposed to one pair and then a different filter -- not sure why that was. ) There are probably different grades. Glad you had some success with them! Will let you know how they work for me. Nice to find a good review of them here on the forum!

Mystery Reader

3. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      I have musician's ear plugs from Westone... The best investment you can make... I can adjust the filter between 15 - 30 dB protection... I do anything I want with them and take them with me all the time.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Also I want to add that everyone should get custom fitted musician plugs... they let sound in so you can still hear things unlike regular plugs that make you only hear your tinnitus... best of luck everyone

• Like Like x 1