Does Anyone Experience Tinnitus Similar to Mine? Or Recognize This?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MountainCreek, Jun 21, 2016.

1. MountainCreek

MountainCreek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Radio
      Some month ago I got a tinnitus sound at low-frequency, tttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrr every night just as I was going to fall asleep. In the day nothing. After some time I stayed in silence in my apartment for weeks in a row and this sound disappeared.

Then I got other sounds, medium high in frequency. I stayed in silence some more weeks and the high frequency sound disappeared.

But behind that sound there was another sound which is tricky to explain. Has anyone been extremely tired and been forced to sit straight up on a chair. Right as the head drops down, one may then (I at least do) hear a rather loud sound, something like a strong wind sound or a hurricane blowing quickly through the head. It appears to be quite loud, but one can't really hear it. It is more like a feeling that a sound one can hear.

Now I have got this kind of thing going on all day long, but not because I am nodding off time and again. But it is particularly bothersome at night as it tends to get louder and make it difficult to fall asleep.

It gets also louder if I expose myself to moderate sound levels during the day.

I am wondering if anybody recognize this?

2. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      Are you on any medication?

3. Jetti

Jetti Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Following hearing loss after an infection in my ears
      Hi,

I have been suffering from tinnitus for quite a few years following an ear infection in my ears. I did not know it was tinnitus until I googled my symptoms. I understand you totally when you say you cannot sleep, tinnitus can really become overbearing at night when it is very quiet.

I have tried white noise to remedy the issue. It tends to cancel out the tinnitus. However, it does not work so great for me as I find I am unable to sleep to such noise.