Does Anyone Feel Like Tinnitus Make You Almost Bipolar?

Discussion in 'Support' started by SeekIngAlpha, Sep 4, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. SeekIngAlpha

SeekIngAlpha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      With tinnitus it's such a rollercoaster of emotions and reactions... it seems almost like a bipolar nightmare.

2. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I used to be a pretty serene type of chap until I got T. Now my mood swings can be pretty dramatic dependent upon sleep and loudness.

3. Alue

Alue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Actually yes, kind of. I was just thinking yesterday that it's literally driving me crazy. I get these points of being very angry to the point where I don't think I'm thinking rationally. It seems to be directly tied to how bad my tinnitus is at that moment.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. JasonP

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I had the same problem...and it got worse when I developed a tolerance/withdrawal for klonopin. Lamictal has helped some, probably better than anything I have ever taken before. I hope my problems are due to benzo withdrawal and not just mood swings.

5. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      It definitely carries my mood and concentration along with its cycles.

6. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      I'm exactly the same. Saturday was a really quiet day and I was positive and upbeat, yesterday was not so good and I felt really low and depressed all day. It makes sense to me though. People often feel low, depressed and sorry for themselves when they have a cold, so why wouldn't it be the same when some other medical issue flares up?

7. Lgunal

Lgunal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss and Wellbutrin (I believe)
      Yes! I was just thinking this yesterday. I feel like I'm on a constant roller coaster of emotions; mostly the depressive end of the spectrum.

8. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      I was always a laid-back, jaded kind of guy.

I still am. In real life (not on forums) my emotions never come into play when it comes to dealing with almost anything. So, while I'm in pain constantly, and I kind of just want to die, I know that talking about it won't make it hurt less, so I just don't say anything.

Now that I'm writing about it, it's a special kind of hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. JasonP

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      You know....I could be somewhat stable with moods as long as I had a way to lower my T. Once that stopped, I had much stronger mood swings.