Does Anyone Know What Might Be Wrong?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sunset12, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Sunset12

Sunset12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello there, I am new, and I need some advice. I've always had a bit of a hissing sound in my ear but barely ever noticed it. In march, I think it must have been after a 3 weeks throat infection, I noticed a ringing in my left ear. It became constant. I can make it go away by pressing my hand against the ear but when I let go it comes back. The siren sound in my left I only have every few days, usually when lying and sitting. And it comes with pressure in my head and ear. The hissing is there but louder than usual. My GP first said its ear wax but its cleared now and the noises are still there. Now she said take Otrivin because it might be fluid behind the eardrum. Also, the ringing gets netter when I walk around, and worse when I sit and rest or lie down. I went to the dentist as well. I had a bit of a problem in the jawjaw joint.it felt like a bruise when I touched it.but that's gone now too.I do grind my teeth but have a mouth guard. And its not new that I grind my teeth. The GP doesn't wanna refer me to the ENT quite yet :(

In terms of the fluid, I have no dizziness which often comes with it. And other than that no nausea, no headaches,no hearing loss. I'm getting desperate and its affecting me.I am.anxious and dread silence. Also the ear with the ringing: when she put the otoscope in it hurt a lot but I have no Ear ache.
      It makes no sense to me anymore.

A siren noise from posture, a ringing getting better when I move and pain when she put the otoscope in my ear? And that cold 3 months (!!) Ago, and Why does the ringing go away when i press my hand on the ear? I'm scared the longer I wait the less likely I'll get rid of it again.

A few days ago I had 1 day that the noises were almost gone!! 1 day of peace. But why? Next day it came back. Does anyone have an idea? Id be forever grateful.
      Thank you !

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Anselmo

Anselmo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      @Sunset12: Do you need a referral from your doctor to see a ENT? If you don’t, go. I don’t know why he is hesitant. Something isn’t right with your ears. It could be minor, but an ENT is your best bet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sunset12

Sunset12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes I do here in the UK.. I asked her today and she said "nah,not at this stage."
      There are different docs all the time.maybe I should push abit.
      I'm fed up with it.
      :(

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. It seems you have some form of somatic tinnitus which can be affected by movement of or action on body parts. TMJ is one such example when jaw movement can affect the T. Not sure why the finger pressure on the ears can change your T. If your T is from blood flow issue, it may explain it as finger pressure does change the blood flow to the ears. If your tinnitus was originally caused by infection, perhaps when the infection is totally healed, there stands a good chance your T may improve. ETD is one main cause of tinnitus and infection of the ears or throat can cause problem with the Eustachian Tube. Your T is relatively new. Don't worry too much as the body usually needs time to heal, often between 6 to 18 months to see good improvement. Your 1 day silence is a good sign of improvement to come. Be patient. Hang in there. Take care. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. Anselmo

Anselmo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      Push more than a bit. Demand that she send you to an ENT. Your symptoms warrant that she does. Since you see different docs, maybe one will relent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sunset12

Sunset12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Since today I have a bit of an ear ache as well.:eek: Didn't have that all these weeks. Of course, its a weekend.:confused:

7. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Sunset12 I've read many case studies and research that supports everything that you said by saying it's posture of the neck. This can relate to ear function muscles. It can relate to fluid behind the ear drum and jaw joint. Primary it appears that it could be your anterior and medial scalene muscles along with your longus colli and longus capitis muscles. The C1 is sometimes involved as well the SCM and trapezius muscles. Maybe seeing an upper cervical spine therapist with a medical degree might help.

https://trainingandrehabilitation.com/association-tinnitus-neck-tmj/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1