Does Anyone's Tinnitus Vibrate Their Head?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mad maggot, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My loud T makes my head feel weird as though my brain were swinging against my skull. Also I get cell phone type vibrating in my head.
      Sometimes out of the blue I get a sensation like something just hit me in the back of the head. Like WHAM! It's not painful. Hard to describe. Like a soft but firm pillow or padded bat :confused:. Realise how nuts this must sound! It doesn't exactly hurt but it's sure uncomfortable.
      Hey I've had the brain scans guys so I can prove there is one there!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. I get that with external sounds because of my H. I feel sounds hit me in the back of my head. .it's an odd feeling.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do you have any clue as to what causes it? Have you spoken to a doctor about it? The ENT I spoke to just looked at me like I'm nuts. Im getting used to that look! :cyclops:

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Kittyl
      Disapproved

Kittyl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2014
      The whole left side of my face feels like it's vibrating. When I try to explain it people look at me as if I'm mental!

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Yep. I get vibrating/humming/the "vacuum" feeling as @mrcartman put it, itching feeling, and sometimes even a cold feeling like someone is pouring cold water in my ear/on my head.

I did a lot of research on those feelings, especially the water feeling, and it really comes down to a malfunction of the nerves. Nerves provide sensory input to the brain, and once they are messed up, they give the wrong input. I've got a lot of head/neck nerve issues so it makes sense that mine are all screwed up. They are now saying that tinnitus and chronic pain share similar pathways so in your case, even if you don't have chronic pain, you could still have nerve dysfunction which can cause all kinds of weird feelings.

And trust me, I know, they suck. I just try to ignore them and move on.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've had a lot of relatable symptoms over the past few years as, I think, a result of HP axis disruption from benzo withdrawal and years of badly managed stress.

If you have any toxic stressors in your life (which we all do, life is a stressful experience), and if you are able to find a way to manage stress better than you are right now, I would expect that the amount of bizarre physical sensations you have might decrease.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    7. Nah..they don't have a clue..I've spoken to others though and they get it. Clearly it's nerve related.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    8. Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      With nerve dysfunction that helps, but isn't a cure. For the last 10 months I've been laser focused on managing stress, relaxation, etc and while it's benefited my H I don't have any reduction in nerve related ear symptoms.

9. Jbeans

Jbeans Member

Tinnitus Since:
      i can def feel my T, its either a buzz,hum or pulsating sensation. i used to hear crickets when it started but i never 'felt' anything then. now with the sounds i am left with i def can feel it vibrate.

10. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I can feel vibration, too, mostly because of my pulsatile tinnitus. It's hard to describe to anyone who hasn't experienced it, but it's definitely there, 24/7!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. svbarb

svbarb Member

I have vibrating head too! I have tinnitus only on the right side. It is crickety sounding. The noise can go on for varying lengths of time (couple seconds to almost continuous for minutes at a time) During this time, it always makes the right side of my head vibrate. My right eyesight vibrates, and the right side of my brain feels like there is static interference going on. I can't concentrate very well during this time, and it interferes with my ability to focus or retain information. Quite annoying.

I have been to several ENTs and 3 years ago, an ENT surgeon looking at my CT and MRI's said that it seemed a blood vessel in my brain was too close to a nerve and might be rubbing up against it. She said brain surgery could possibly fix it but of course risks are involved. I declined at the time. But every so often I wonder if I should pursue the surgical solution. I haven't been myself in quite some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I have experienced that sudden wham..twice now in eight months

13. BadVibrations

BadVibrations Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      yes, my whole head buzzes and vibrates. It's been happening all day today and driving me crazy.I feel like I'm off balance and shaky.

14. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      When it is quiet, I feel like my head is in an electrified vice 100% of the time, like it's about to explode.

No treatment. Not even an explanation.

Unfortunately, 95% of places in life are quiet or silent, excluding within man-made structures. Take a walk into the grasslands or forest right outside your house - silence - for most. Not us.

15. applewine
      Curious

applewine Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ME/CFS, Dysautonomia
      @Mike34 It is interesting you talk about water sensations. I've had a lot of sensations which seem to be similar to nerve or microvascular dynsfunction. I've had these cold wet water sensations for over 10 year now.

Ten years ago I just had a neck stiffness and felt like cold wet water was running down my legs. It was only a few years later I had a sudden attack of dizziness, intense face and ear pain, jaw pain and tinnitus.

I've also had flair ups after upper respiratory infections for a number of years that would cause rain drop sensations for a few weeks all over that would turn into stinging sensations that would last for months. That went on for years until it seems to have finally stopped. It was triggered by trying to take antibiotics and other supplements to kill a possible Borrelia and Bartonella infection that might be causing the muscle pains.

I've been talking with @MrCartman here for a number of years and he seems to have some similar stuff, but no wet water sensations like I get. I get it mostly in my legs crossing them or putting pressure.

My tinnitus is on the right side mostly and the pain is mostly my right jaw side and neck side, though I have myofascial pain syndrome and trigger points in many places on my body. I also get a weird slight numbness below my eyes and also get dry eye syndrome.

I've noticed recently that there seems to be two large bone like bumps on the right upper side of my neck toward the back. It may be the bones are twisted and not symmetrical since I don't feel that in the same place on the left side.

I've been searching for a primary care physician for years and recently signed up for a new one at a hospital near me. I'll have a visit in a few months to go over my health issues and I'll mention these bumps and neck pain with more focus on the neck than the jaw.

I've been the whole TMJ thing years ago. It was a lost cause. I've also been doing trigger point therapy for years on the SCM and other muscles without any lasting or major improvement, but it can help reduce some pain when needed.

I thought a Bartonella nano-trap antigen test would be a good idea from Ceres Nanoscience, but they never got the funding to manufacture the test.

Oh, I also get flushing on the neck, and upper torso, which may be related to the problem, though I don't get rosacea on my face, but that can be related to dry eyes, which I do have.

Some say Bartonella is a micro-vascular infection and I think the water sensations could be caused by a microvascular dysfunction. It may be a blood thing more than a nerve thing, or both since some of the sensory nerves are tied to blood supply in the microvascularature I think.

• Like Like x 1
    16. cflkb

cflkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2012
      I too have the vibration I'm what feels like my ear/head. It's worse at night trying to get some sleep. It feels like the left and right side of my head is pulsing a low vibrational hum. It's harder to mask than my high pitch EEE sounds. I'm tired of it all.