Does Aural Fullness from a Loud Noise Go Away for Most?

Discussion in 'Support' started by mrbagpipes1, Mar 7, 2019.

1. mrbagpipes1

mrbagpipes1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Hi there, a few days ago I was listening to music through one earphone and for about 10-15 seconds the volume was accidentally set to max. Since then in this ear it has felt more "full" feeling like there is some kind of ear wax there. It is annoying because one ear feels normal the other is full, so it is imbalanced. Does this feeling go away for most people?

2. Emperor-Drax

Emperor-Drax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang on metal with a mallet
      Could take months after a significantly blasty/explodey acoustic trauma, but it does go eventually. The problem is dealing with it in the here and now.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yes, and I am one of them. I believe that mine became much better after about 6 months and it was gone by the time I was 12 months in.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mrbagpipes1

mrbagpipes1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Thank you so much for all of your replies :)

5. MandyT

MandyT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Hi did you do anything to alleviate the pressure? My left ear feels very full and I’m six months in. Your post was inspiring that mine could subside. The pressure and imbalance in head feeling is pretty tough to deal with.

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Valsalva maneuver doesn't work, and might actually be hurting the ears (if done too forcefully). The only thing one can do is wait. Mine was definitely still there at the 6-months mark, albeit by that time it got a little better. If yours is still not better, you need to give it more time. I would get concerned that it is taking too long to heal only after no improvement for over a year...

7. MandyT

MandyT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Thank you for responding. I tend to do the Valsalva maneuver way too many times in a day. Good idea to slow down on that.

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It won't help. Your ear fullness has nothing to do with the reason why you are feeling this same sensation when you fly. In your case, it is a symptom of your ears being hurt. When you do Valsalva maneuver, you might be hurting your ears and interfering with your healing. Consider never doing that maneuver again. If you have to do it, try to do it as gentle as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Traveller11

Traveller11 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dont know
      @mrbagpipes1 any improvement in your fullness?

10. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Fullness eventually goes away, and after it goes away is when you know how your hearing is going to be, if for instance you lost hearing, because fullness alters sound perception too.