Does Low-Pitched Tinnitus Always Mean Myoclonus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Audiophile_bg, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      I have seen a lot of threads here mention Myoclonus as soon as someone reveals they have a low pitched sound. Can't regular tinnitus be low pitched too?

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes, it can.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      I guess my question would be, is there any conclusive way to diagnose or exclude TTTS if you have/had low pitched tinnitus. Basically, I know that surgeries are not always helpful, and I don't want to be stuck with that diagnosis...

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Apparently low pitch tinnitus isn't used as a symptom to diagnose TTTS. See https://www.everydayhearing.com/tonic-tensor-tympani-syndrome/

They do list "clicking" though.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      Thank you @GregCA . I also know about the clicking feature of this tinnitus. But posts here almost always linked it to low rumbling, so i wanted to inquire.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      I'm sorry for posting this, but the thought of this nightmare returning again is killing me. I took Dramamine today, because my anxiety was causing me to dry heave, and my throat started to hurt. What happened next is - it made me almost faint, i think dramamine has sedative properties. As a result, I can feel the low rumbling again. And this is how I originally got my Tinnitus - I was taking olanzapine and fainted, when i came to the tinnitus was there.... I just can't imagine relapsing like this....
      What low key frightens me is that I actually have Myoclonus, since I suspect the olanzapine gave me dyskinesia. I don't even know how i would deal with this. But for now the diagnosis is subjective tinnitus, because of ETD.

PS: keep in mind, I'm overlooking olanzapine ACTUALLY being implicated in ototoxicity, which it has.

Thank you for your support here. :huganimation: