Does Sound-Induced Tinnitus Have a Better Chance to Go Away Than Other Types of Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Matthew Perrotta, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Matthew Perrotta

Matthew Perrotta Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2/2016
      Does sound-induced tinnitus have a better chance to go away than other types of tinnitus?

2. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      I don't think so. I rather think (NOTE: my personal opinion, do not take this as any scientific answer), that noise induced tinnitus is the sort that is least likely to go away.
      This depends only if the ear cells or the nerve systems in the ear has been damaged beyond repair. There are plenty of people that have noise induced tinnitus that has gone away after months or years. That is most likely that the damage done by noise has been repairable. Since noise induced is likely to damage the ear physically, and if you are unlucky to have killed off cells or nerves, then yes, it will make you loose certain frequencies --> tinnitus. Since we are unable to repair them (once they die they are not regenerated), noise induced seems to be the one that is more likely to be permanent. Then again, people get tinnitus from all sorts of reasons.

This is just my opinion from all the things that I have read, T is in the brain so that is why people can get it from stress too.

• Agree Agree x 1