Does this look legit? A recent stress-induced tinnitus case cured. READ.

Discussion in 'Support' started by JonDAH, Jul 18, 2014.

1. JonDAH

JonDAH Member

Untitled.png

• Like Like x 1
    2. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably traumatic noise event
      Widex hearing aids offer this device. I THINK it's called Zen To Go and it's like a hearing aid except it isn't one, it's a sound generator.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JonDAH

JonDAH Member

Cool, I shared this cause it's a case where the patient actually CURED their Tinnitus. :)

4. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably traumatic noise event
      I think he considered it cured because with the device in place he doesn't hear the tinnitus, it's like "it's gone" but it's not cured. I could be misinterpreting the article but I don't think it's an actual cure.... :(

There are several people here on TT that use those sound generator devices, you can find other posts about them.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JonDAH

JonDAH Member

The post states that the patient hasn't heard their T sound in a week...that sounds like they are cured.

6. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      TRT maybe?

7. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      Perhaps he sleeps with the device on.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JonDAH

JonDAH Member

I thought TRT took a long time...

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JonDAH

JonDAH Member

It probably helps.

10. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeas because I have those devices too and you can leave them on during sleeping. I never did though

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JonDAH

JonDAH Member

Is your T bothersome ?? What is yours like ??

12. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee high pitched. But during the day I don't here it if I do not pay attention to it. Outside I do not hear it. Only at night when it is realy silent. In a quit room it's way to loud. For me it's hard to understand what sever tinnitus is because in a quit room it's so loud it fills my head. But a little bit of sound makes it dissapear. I wear the devices only when I'm at work and have a meeting in a quit room otherwise I'm to bothered by it.
      Lately I trained myself more not to hear it by focussing on something else (long story short).
      Last year juli 2013 I was in realy bad shape. If I go to sleep now and lie down on an ear and I hear it loud I do not care that much anymore. And because of that....in minutes it seems to fade away. I know it's still there but I do not hear it anymore. I always keep birdsounds on or have a ventilator on otherwise it's to quite and the tinnitus to loud. So to have a good night rest I always mask it a little but not completly otherwise habitation will not occur.
      What I get more irritated about is sometimes the fullness feeling in my ear when I go into a quit room.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JonDAH

JonDAH Member

My T is only present when there are other sounds present, it has become quite reactive but overall improved, I think I may lose the T in time so I've started plugging my left ear.

In the past month since it started I have had some "silent" gaps.

My T is probably related to stress cause I can still hear high frequencies with that ear and the T itself does fluctuate.

The case I posted above sounds like my case, a very minor/mild case, it seems that the patient had to simply mask their T for a while until the brain calmed down and reset itself pre-T.

Tomorrow I see the audiologist for a full evaluation.

14. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Yup, it's called ZEN. Here is a link to some sample sounds.

http://www.widex.com/en/products/thewidexsound/zen/

It makes mine better for like 30 seconds and then it comes back lol

• Helpful Helpful x 1