Does This Sound Like Hyperacusis?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Erlend, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I've had T for a year now

The other day I went to a place I guess could be called a club. It was very loud, so I left after 5 minutes. Most of the time people could have conversations there if they moved in close to the other person..

This same night I got sick, and threw up and felt really bad the next day. I think I had some sort of flu. My eyes hurt like hell, like.. behind the eyes.. Headache and sickness.

Now two days later I still feel some of it, but I also notice a dull pain in my right ear. I'm not 100% sure if it is triggered by sound or not... If it is, it's not an instant reaction, that for sure.

I'm very stressed these days (quitting my job, starting a new school, and moving, all at the same time).

Could it be psychosomatic? My sinuses feel really clogged. After this club night I was so scared my T was louder, and that I suddenly had some hearing loss. But I was sick, so it was really hard to tell.

Maybe this increased focus has just "produced" symptom?

I can feel tense. The same tense dull ache I feel in my ear, I can feel it in almost my entire right side of the body.

Is it possible that I just have suddenly developed real H on my right ear? Or is it more likely to be sickness and the flu?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      My right ear is behaving really weird in a lot of other ways too, so I actually think this is temporary. Eustachian tube problem or something. I puked a lot. I get sudden feeling of pressure change, weird different T, dulled hearing for a few seconds... I think it's just the cold/flu being weird.

I get sick though... Man.. I hope I haven't fucked up so that sound now makes me sick so I have to throw up?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I just realized thatthis started 10 minutes after ak INSANE jaw-crunch/crack. And it doesnt rally seem to be connected to sound...

i'll try to keep my jaw still for a week and ser what happens

• Like Like x 1
    4. Emil Mikalsen
      Curious

Emil Mikalsen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10.2013 - concert
      Hang in there Erlend! this could just be a cold, jaw tension thingy or maybe you're over thinking. should be fine - 5mins shouldn't do any damage to your ears. :)

5. ear/jaw/head...cold..sickness....who knows, so many interconnect with one another.

Give it sometime and you will know. ..

plus the only instance I know.of sound making you sick is when it's caused by vestibular hyperacusis..so..vertigo etc..