Does Tinnitus Cause Vibrations?

Discussion in 'Support' started by joe, Jan 27, 2012.

1. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      My T is loud I can handle that, I feel the vibration, sensation run through to my throat, anybody else experience this?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I tried looking for some additional info... but couldn't find much...

One discussion here though: Tinnitus with vibration

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Joe, I feel vibration from my tinnitus, but I think it's because I have both ringing and pulsating in my right ear. The vibration is worst at night for me (which is right now!). It feels like the entire right side of my head is vibrating.

Sometimes, when I wake up from sleep, the vibration feels like it is in my entire body, and I have to get up for awhile.

Anyone else?

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      Yes, Karen I have both also, I have a couple of tones overlapping each other, one tone constant ring, and another tone pulsating, its the pulsating one that vibrates. Got an appointment with my E.N.T 7th Feb. I will ask him and see if he knows anything about it, Probably not but worth a try. Thanks for your help

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Joe, I'll be interested to hear what your ENT has to say about it. Could you please report back after your appointment?

Do you have sleep problems from the vibration, as I do? I've tried white noise, background sounds, etc., but have found nothing to mask the effect of the vibration. I've had this vibration thing since May 2010, and I think it may have subsided (or else I've acclimated to it) a bit, but it's still there! Thanks for commiserating!

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      My sleep is not affected by my Tinnitus, although as the great british saying, I am one of those persons that could sleep on a clothes line!!!

7. David Goodman

David Goodman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Workshop noise

8. David Goodman

David Goodman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Workshop noise
      Hi Joe I spotted this post from 2012 .I also have a loud high pitched tinnitus that vibrates from my throat you are the only other person that I have heard saying there tinnitus vibrates in ther throat .None of the ENT or audiologist I have seen have heard of this and I thought I was alone with this until I saw your post . It would be nice to talk to someone who is experiencing this type of tinnitus. Thanks Dave .

9. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      @David Goodman I've experienced this - but more roof of mouth than throat. it's largely subsided but it still happens here n there - just much less frequently.

10. Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      My T vibrates. It's the back of my head/neck area. If I raise my head it is louder. Lowering my head almost stops it. Its comes and goes. Worse when I lay down to sleep. Causes my to shake sometimes. It happens alot more often when I'm tired or not eating on schedule etc. I have Meniere's too though. I do find Lipoflavnoids do help.

11. Riya

Riya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere disease
      Hi

I have similar experience... I have fluttering static like vibrations in my right ear and it worsens as the day progresses and becomes like a fan motor fitted with ribbons like sounds...but it disappears when I lie down to sleep... I have high pitched T in my other ear and mask that with sounds... but the pulsating one I am not sure how to manage... I do take lipofalvanoids but they help for max half hour... anyone had done MRI for this??

12. David Goodman

David Goodman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Workshop noise
      Hi Tom I also feel my tinnitus like a static vibration in the roof of my mouth like at the back of my sinuses. Have you had a diagnosis for this or any treatment. With me it has got worse over the years and I haven't had any successful treatment. I would appreciate any help with this as I don't seem to be getting anywhere or coping very well. Thanks Dave .

13. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Deal with your neck. For me its largely been helped by dealing with occitipal and trigeminal nerves.