Does Your Doctor Listen to Your Ears?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dr. Nagler, May 26, 2015.

?

Have you had an ENT examination where your doctor actually listened to your ears with a stethoscope?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      No problem. We need some humour.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      "Well, a doctor having to go through 16 doctors to find one which helped says it all really. I mean, nobody can afford to go through that many on a normal wage."

"It's always easy for the rich to say they found 'help'."

The year was 1994. And, yes, I was able to afford to go through 16 doctors before I finally found one who could help me. But compared to today, the Internet was in its infancy in 1994. You folks have resources at your disposal today that I never dreamed of twenty-one years ago. Back then I had to find the right doctor through trial and error at considerable personal expense. You folks can do it today for next to nothing with a search engine.

Anyway, here's some absolutely free advice from somebody who has been through the tinnitus wars and won ...

However you go about finding your solution, complaining is not going to get you there any sooner.

3. patwalsh
      Confused

patwalsh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Short waiting times to see doctors that don't care. Though waiting 5-6 weeks to see a ENT Doctor is still a long time to me. All the consultants in the UK have there private patients that pay them a lot of money. The NHS patients that they have to see by law are, (not sure what % of hours they have to commit to the NHS,) are looked as a hindrance to there private practice.

4. Dennis MacDonald
      Confused

Dennis MacDonald Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Was trying to be facetious. Sorry it went over your head.