Doing Well, Then Suddenly the Tone Goes Up and Ear Feels Full. Can Wax/Fluid Really Change Things?

Discussion in 'Support' started by shasta0863, May 8, 2018.

1. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I've been doing much better the last 6 months. My noise induced tinnitus over the years has been brutal with up and downs but I was at peace as of late. Then suddenly, I started noticing my pure high pitch tone in my left ear, louder. I was a bit concerned but I tried to just ignore it. Days later, I started feeling fullness a bit, like somethings compacted in that ear deep. The ringing is without question amplified as I'm hearing it over things that masked it 100% before.

It's been almost a week, and I'm concerned as there's been no improvement. I feel sick to my stomach listening to how loud the T is, because it's so far away from what it was I can't even believe it.

I've been more active before this happened, walking out on trails more, going to more stores and occasionally hear some loud noises at starbucks or the store, but nothing I'd think would cause some type of damage. I'm trying to hold on that it has to be wax or fluid, but I very rarely ever have a problem with my ears, so it's hard to not think all is lost.

If wax is truly and deeply back in the ear, and/or maybe there is fluid buildup ect., in the tubes, can these affect noise induce T? I'm terrified it's not ever going to go back down, as it just seems to not improve day after day. I have no idea if I should take anything either to help drain the ears either, as I'm concerned over taking anything to negatively affect the T. At such a loss here and so mentally drained from having semi-peace and acceptance to being completely out of my mind from even slightly hearing this tone.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. NormySan
      Wtf

NormySan Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      From my own experience noise induced tinnitus is very weird at times and can flare up when you least expect it.

I do not have any experience with issues related to wax or fluid buildup so I have no idea if this could be the problem.

I wish you the best and hope your T gets better soon!

3. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      Yes, wax and/or fluid can definately increase one's perception of tinnitus.

Go to your doctor

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Thanks. I don't have insurance so I really don't want to go to the doctors if I don't have to. But it may need to be done to see if some alleviation can occur.

I refuse to believe something loud affected me and then took numerous days to finally show signs. The fact I've had some fullness feeling and even an ache occasionally with this increased T (it's the same tone but louder and a bit more high pitch) has to mean it's an ETD issue, pressure, or wax. And if these things can change objectively the loudness of your T, that has to be it.

It hasn't gone away, so of course I'm scared what ever was done was permanent. Each day I wake with it not gone I give up hope.

Oddly, right in morning when I wake it doesn't even seem to be there really. Only when I'm up for a bit does it come back fully. The T and even the pressure. How does THAT make any sense?