Done with Dealing by Myself

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pan, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Pan
      Cowboy

Pan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Earwax?
      Hi forum,

Feels like a huge let down for myself to post in this thread after posting a positive '6 month story' a year back.

About the tinnitus: Started a year and a half ago for no apparent reason. I've heard about it before on the news - which was about a horror story of a Dutch woman with T & H ending her life, and that story always stuck with me. Maybe sounds weird but next to Alzheimer's, Tinnitus was on top of my list of most scary diseases.

So when I got it I totally freaked out, of course. Even though it was mild.
      I think around the 6 months mark I started to get used to the tinnitus and started to calm down a bit.
      In the mean time I went to an ENT, masseuse, psychiatrist, cleaned my aura, did yoga, bowen and fysio.

Didn't really help, so quit that except for the psychiatrist.

It did change my life in a positive way in the sense that I became a lot healthier and made choices based on what was good for me. Also took a bit off from art school and that was very good for my creativity and my general sense of self as well.

Now in December I moved to a new house and when in January all the hype of that settled, I started focusing on the T again. The T was louder, but I saw that coming and it made sense. In answer to that I started eating even healthier (no more E numbers, way less meat, 1 cup of coffee a day) and working out more. I don't take meds.

I am an anxious person tough. I've visited multiple psychiatrists for that (still visiting one) and I kinda learned to deal with it being a genes thing that I can't do much about.

Anyway I feel that I am doing everything in my power to keep my body healthy, keep my mind occupied as much as possible (I'm on a big animation assignment, so I tend to work on that because that's what I like to do) and deal with me being anxious in a accepting state of mind.

But damn, the T is just getting worse. And it freaks me out. It's tiring to stay strong, because it's such a lonely problem. I sometimes feel that my anxious nature is making it worse and I just simply can't reprogram myself. Taking time off just stresses me out. Life stresses me out.
      So now I'm positing here. Looking for a bit of help.

Edit: 10000% fingers crossed Elon Musk's neuralink will become a real thing

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      It did start for some reason. Did you happen to go to another ENT for another opinion? Do you happen to have hearing loss/hidden hearing loss?

Many things can cause T such as a metabolic disorder, iron deficiency, kidney issues, misaligned jaw, etc... I think it's worth doing more investigating such as a getting a blood test.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Pan
      Cowboy

Pan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Earwax?
      Went to 2 hospitals and have zero hearing loss. So they kinda pulled up their shoulders and told me to be nice to myself.
      Anyhoo:
      Today I needed to do an emergency rootcanal at the dentist and she pointed out that I'm obviously clenching my jaws when I sleep (which set one of my teeth on flame yesterday, which led to the rootcanal) so that's something for me to look into. Wouldnt be suprised if that links to my increased T.
      Thanks for the reply!

• Like Like x 1
    4. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      Yeah it is worth looking into especially since you have no hearing loss.
      Look at this success story.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/it-wasnt-tmj-it-was-just-a-misaligned-jaw.3858/