Don't Want to Jinx It, But...

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Sweetiepiestef, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      THIS is day 10 of tinnitus and today has been quiet! I think mine might almost be over or I am just having a really good tinnitus day. IF it stays at this level I can deal with this. The loud high pitched DENTIST drill it has been the last 9 days is not something I COULD live with everyday. It was way loud and I could hear it over everything. Hugs to all of you that are having to deal with this craziness.

I didn't know what caused my T it could be high stress, a loud back fire from my car though I think that would have made the T start that day 3 weeks ago but I didn't experience it for another week after that or it could be from wax buildup. I been doing a home treatment in case of ETD and it seems to be working. :) Please please please do not let me have jinxed this lol

The forum here has kept me positive so I wanted to say THANKS everyone. I only almost panicked once and that was yesterday when the T was at even higher levels than the days before it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Yea! Your going to be just fine. Treat this like a wake up call and protect your ears. No loud music thru headphones and wear ear protection at concerts. Warn your friends about the dangers of loud noise too, there are lots of members here who wished they would have been warned of headphone use!
      Take care and god bless

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      Will do! Thank you so much! Half way through the day and the sound is still really low T so glad!!!

• Like Like x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If it happens to get louder tomorrow, don't worry about it. It is often similar to a stock price chart - so there might be ups and downs, as the volume follows a downward trend. Since you have had an improvement this early, your outlook is excellent.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      Thanks @Bill Bauer we shall SEE! :p So far it is alright. Last time it got a tiny bit quieter it was raging by this time lol

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      Good Morning all from USA!

It is quiet again today. I am hopefully seriously on my way out. I can still hear the T and it is still the electrical sounding EEEEEE but it is barely there now. I realized this morning I DO have a bunch of mucus/congestion in my nasal cavity and I never even knew it until I started using the nasal spray as directed and the Valsalva Maneuver. My Jaw is also in pain for some reason off and on so maybe that has something to do with it? It is just in one spot so maybe a tooth is infected?

You should have seen me last night. I put Hydrogen peroxide in my ears to clean out some homeopathic drops I am using and boom half blown panic attack! I was thinking "Oh no you are going to make your ear close up from all this liquid or it might swell! Then you wont be able to hear and have the T! I work on the phone how is that going to work?" I mean the mind was just trying to go crazy. The T was getting louder OR was it all in my head?

I told myself to calm down because remembering from this forum anxiety and stress make it louder. I was able to go back to sleep even though my heart was beating pretty quickly and this morning well it is back to almost gone sounding!

Hope everyone is doing alright. If not you can always message me!

-Stef

• Like Like x 1
    7. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      I think you are well on your way. Maybe the slight T will hang around for a few days or weeks, but I'm sure you will make a 100% recovery. Tinnitus is (at least for me) a life changing event. When you get your silence back, the little things in life won't bother you anymore!

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      Thanks @jjflyman I hope it will go as well :) Have you gotten the silence back or still struggling too?

9. JoyBenz007
      No Mood

JoyBenz007 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think we pretty much get the same reaction! The panic and the stress....hoping we can overcome this!

10. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Im still recovering. 9 months in from noise trauma (outdoor concert). It has improved about 75% though, so I am hopeful for a full recovery, but it will take time to continue to fade.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      Thank you @jjflyman I am glad to hear yours is recovering I hope mine will be completely gone one day too!

12. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I had a lot of fluctuation early on. In my opinion its a good sign. Just dont get too let down if it comes crashing back. Be happy its trending in the right direction!

My good days started about a month in. 14 months later I get good weeks instead of good days, and my bad days are what I used to consider good days and less and less frequent.

• Like Like x 2
    13. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Tom
      Sounds like you are making great progress. On your good day's now do you have total silence?

14. Carlyi
      Blah

Carlyi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Yes girl! hopefully it will continue to improve.

15. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Depends what you call silence. I haven't had true silence in 5 years, probably more. 20 years of bands, dj gigs, and the lifestyle that goes with it has def taken a toll on my hearing.

Note I list tinnitus starting last May despite having some gentle tape hiss for years.

I definitely get days that are like pre may 2016. I consider that silence.