Dr. Bruce Hubbard

Discussion in 'Dr. Bruce Hubbard (Psychologist, CBT)' started by Tinnitus Talk, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Name:
      Dr. Bruce Hubbard, PhD, Licensed Psychologist
      Director, Cognitive Health Group
      Adjunct Assistant Professor, Columbia University-Teacher’s College
      Executive Board Member, New York City-Cognitive Behavior Therapy

Areas of interest:
      Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for Tinnitus, Sound Sensitivity, Misophonia, Phonophobia, Anxiety Disorders (including Panic Disorder, Phobias, PTSD, OCD, GAD), Depression and Couples Distress.

Based in:
      New York, USA

Bio:
      I am a licensed psychologist, avid musician, husband, father, friend, and a person who thrives in life despite having tinnitus. In 2005, when my tinnitus first emerged, I became clinically depressed, anxious, panicked, and began to consider a foreshortened future.

On reviewing the tinnitus research findings, I was encouraged to learn that cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), a psychotherapy approach in which I have extensive training and expertise, was an evidence-based treatment for tinnitus distress. By employing the concepts and strategies of CBT, I came to the place I now gratefully enjoy—I rarely notice the sounds and sensations of tinnitus, and when I do it is without the debilitating emotional weight they once carried. I have since made it my mission to use CBT to help other tinnitus sufferers habituate, adjust and thrive.

In addition to my work with tinnitus, I am director of the Cognitive Health Group, a team of mental health professionals who specialize in the cognitive behavioral treatment of anxiety disorders and depression. I am an Adjunct Assistant Professor at Columbia University and an Executive Board Member of the New York City Cognitive Behavior Therapy Association. My professional work is further enhanced by the practical study of mindfulness meditation and yoga

• Like Like x 19
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Informative Informative x 3