Drains in Two Ears and Fullness in Ears

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by exodus, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. exodus
      Cold

exodus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008
      Doctor Nagler,

i ve got two drains in my ears since mid september.But since then i m having fullness in ears and hearing noises of blocked air while doing valsava maneuver(in the two ears).

Three weeks ago i ve got a viral infection with flu and fever and i ve started amoxiciline 500mg twice a day a week ago+ cetirizine one at night.From that time ,i ve started to get yellow liquid coming out from right ear and sometimes pain in the same ear.And i think tinnitus have started to the same ear (until now i was having it only on left ear ).
      Since a week,every morning i have to clean up the accumulated liquid during the night and the tinnitus is getting worse (and as i said i ve feeling it has started in the right ear).
      What do you suggest i should do? as the fullnes doesnt disappear,i have feeling that my hearing isworse than before and tinnitus have increased in volume?

Let me know as i ve got drain two years ago and it has helped me well then but right now it seems not to do its job

thanks you for you time

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi @exodus -

Thank you for your question. My suggestion would be for you to return to your ENT to make sure that your myringotomy tubes are functioning properly and that any residual infection has been addressed. Once that is taken care of, you will have a better idea of the status of your tinnitus.

Dr. Stephen Nagler