Ear Buzzing Barely Noticeble Last 24 Hours

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mathew Gould, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      My ear is buzzing 90% of days. The last 24 hours I can't even notice it, but if I listen very very closely I can hear it.

The last time it basically wasn't ringing was like 2 weeks ago and it didn't buzz for 3 days or so. Well that night I ate a bunch of potato chips (sodium) and the next day it started buzzing again.

I wish I knew what caused the days where my ears/head wasn't buzzing. Hopefully my jaw/neck misalignment which causes the tinnitus is slowly but surely getting closer to 100%, but I know that my jaw/neck will be aligned exactly as it was before...

This doesn't mean the tinnitus won't go away for good, it could go away right??

• Like Like x 3
    2. PamelaNY

PamelaNY Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I woke up in the middle of the night last night and realized that the noise had stopped! I tried to keep myself awake (and succeeded for awhile) to enjoy the quiet. This morning, it is just barely perceptible. I was interested in your comment about jaw misalignment because I also have signs of tmj (which I am getting worked up soon). I don't think I'm out of the woods yet, but this gave me some hope. This is the first time I've experienced silence in 4 months! I just took another dose of turmeric, which is what I did yesterday (with a zinc tablet later in the day) that may have helped (or maybe just coincidence, I don't know). There's always hope for us, right?

3. Canadaman

Canadaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bar for two hours + levofloxacin + stress
      This can just be part of the natural healing process.

Lots of people have tinnitus go away up to 6 months after onset; some even up to 2 years or more after.

Don't focus too hard on the details of "what you did to make it happen". Probably you didn't do anything. Stress will just make it harder to heal. Relax, enjoy the quiet periods, don't get hopes too up or down, don't focus on it or measure it too much, just accept the process and live your life. Things will be okay whether it goes away or not.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Woke up today and my T is like yesterday, barely noticeable.... U would know if u had TMJ, at the peak before my splint I could only open my jaw 1/2 inch or so.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      I'm approaching 6 months, from a jaw misalignment/TMJ... My jaw/neck will never be like it was before, but I hope the T still could go away permanenly even though my jaw/neck wont be exactly the same as before??

6. PamelaNY

PamelaNY Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

7. PamelaNY

PamelaNY Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks! That's a very helpful perspective.