Started Using Waxsol for Ears Full of Wax: Now Tinnitus Is Worse and Ear Is Blocked

Discussion in 'Support' started by kitanakahn, Jan 19, 2020.

1. kitanakahn

kitanakahn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all, hope you are well. I just wanted some advice/explanation on what is going wrong with me.

It started out on Wednesday when I caught a cold and went to the doctor. She wanted to check my ears, but said they were too full of wax and I would need to use Waxsol for 2 nights to soften the wax. I have done that and ever since my tinnitus has increased, even after 2 days of using the Waxsol. I've now woken up on early Monday morning with a completely blocked left ear and the same increased tinnitus.

Any answers would be appreciated as I am an autistic girl with very heightened anxiety who is terrified and could use any help I can get.

Thank you.

Edit: Should add I have a doctors appointment booked for Thursday but would like any help in the meantime.

2. Iowa54
      Alone

Iowa54 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 possibly 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Band practice/shooting incident.
      I would assume if softening the wax isn't getting it to come out naturally you may need to just clean your ears or have someone at a clinic do it.

3. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Has anyone else had ear pain from using Waxsol?

4. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Best thing to use is 3% hydrogen peroxide. I put up 2-3 FULL eye droppers or about 3-5 ml of hydrogen peroxide in each ear or until it bubbles a lot, I do this about every month. After about 10 mins in each ear or until the bubbling stops I then get in the shower and let water get into my ears. Not sure if this is the best thing for everyone, my tinnitus is from my neck/jaw.

5. Gabriel5050
      No Mood

Gabriel5050 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (most likely)
      You should ask for manual removal from the doctor. Some people on this forum advise against microsuction.