Ear Hurts When Breathing?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Tavia R, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Tavia R

Tavia R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with condition
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born with condition-recently diagnosed/treated for migraines
      Hey, I’ve got hyperacusis, some insane tinnitus, out of the blue pain attacks, and some always there dull throbs. But one thing I’ve noticed lately is that when I inhale sharply I get a pain in my right (more severely affected) ear. Like I just got done working out and seriously every time I inhale it hurts, kinda like when your nasal passages are sore from being dried out in the summer and every inhale is a bit of a sting.

I told my family doctor about this a while back and he said he had never heard of it, and my ENT is kind of a jerk so I’m in between seeing my new one.

Just curious (or crazy), let me know if you guys get the same thing.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows
      Yeah I get this but don't have hyperacusis. Like if I am around a fire pit and breath hot air it hurts. My ldls are around 120. I don't have an abnormal tymponogram. But a really good doctor looked up my ears and said they are cobblestoned around my e-tubes so I still have some dysfunction. Also I take tricyclics for OCD. For me serotonin gives me stiffness and pain around my trigeminal nerve. It is weird but they replicated it in rats. Also cold air in my ear canal hurts during headaches.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. num20pencil
      Fine

num20pencil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earbuds plugged into a computer and volume at max
      Tavia R, my inner ears got damaged so when I breathe in deep, I can feel cool air like symptoms from my ear drums. Breathing out hard or forcefully hurts or bothers my ears. I also have pain attacks and dull throbs whenever it happens. I told my ENT about this, since I have tinnitus & hyperacusis, years ago and he was useless. Didn't give me any help how to cope with this or any useful information. He was a dingbat.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. arctic_penguin

arctic_penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Maybe Eustachian tube inflammation.