Ear Pain?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Andrea Lopez, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Andrea Lopez
      Worried

Andrea Lopez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection?
      Hey everyone, I'm adjusting to my T but now I have been experiencing sharp ear pain deep within my ears as well as behind the earlobe. The pains last a couple of seconds then stop, only to return a couple of minutes later. It is horrible and lasts from morning until night.

Is this just part of T? Anyone else experience this? I also have poping and cracking noises in my ears, not sure it has anything to do with it....

Thanks!

2. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Sounds like it could be Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (ask your doctor about Dymista nasal spray) or it could be related to TMJ (you'd need to see a dentist for this and they can check your jaw to see if it may be causing your ear pain). I've recently developed a 'full' feeling in my right ear along with a new T tone. Sucks. Going to be doing these checks myself. Good luck Andrea!

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Andrea Lopez
      Worried

Andrea Lopez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection?
      Sorry about the fullness and new tone @Paul10! It really does suck. Thanks for the response and I'll ask about that spray! I want to pull my ears out lately... lol

4. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Thanks @Andrea Lopez , if it's ETD it could take a few months to clear out, but hey, it's better than a few years! If you get cracking and popping noises it really does sound like ETD or TMJ issues; hopefully it resolves soon! As for me, I'm just running on autopilot for the time begin.
      aeb9c59ec1a44a29fb48ea032c7df6e3_this-is-fine-meme-meme-everything-is-fine_600-317.jpe

• Funny Funny x 5
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Andrea Lopez
      Worried

Andrea Lopez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection?
      I've actually had these symptoms for 6 months now!! Only the pain is a new thing. I need to go to the dentist anyways, so I'll ask about the TMJ thing as well.

Haha, that pic is summing up my life right now as well. I really do hope things calm down for you.

6. Irish

Irish Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music from nightclub
      @Paul10 Interesting re Dymista, haven't heard of that one, but I've been trying Flixonase daily for the last week or two (using the special technique to get into the Eustachian tube) and it does seem to have eased to some extent the fullness, clicking, tenderness and general discomfort I've been having, which seems to be ETD (again undiagnosed thanks to useless ENT consultants here, or at least the ones I've seen have been).
      Even my H seems to have calmed a little bit, although that might be psychosomatic.

• Like Like x 1