Ear Pressure, Pain and Sudden Hearing Reduction

Discussion in 'Support' started by ChrisfromCanada, Feb 21, 2017.

1. ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

ChrisfromCanada Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      I don't know what the hell just happened. My good ear just started feeling full of pressure with pain and my hearing is impaired. Anyone know what is going on? Since I ruptured my ear drum in my left ear the right ear was significantly better but as of about 15 mins they are about the same.

Could hearing loss happen so suddenly?

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Well there certainly is such thing as Sudden SensoriNeural Hearing Loss, but it's not obvious that it's what you are experiencing.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @GregCA you are always quick to help and I appreciate it man. It seems the pressure subsided a bit or it comes and goes and the hearing is better when it goes. The pain is also less when the pressure is less. I think this is probably pretty normal and because of what I've been through I freaked the hell out.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I wouldn't say that it is normal to have aural fullness, pain, and loss of hearing in a healthy ear (you mentioned this happened in your "good ear").
      That you freaked out is understandable, but what happened to your good ear does not seem normal to me.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Yes my perfectly good ear. I dont know if I can get an appointment at the ENT in the next few days. The only thing I can do is go to emerge but I'm not sure what they can do for me st the hospital. I guess they can check my ear to see if its an infection.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @GregCA I got it checked out at thee hospital and they said ears are totally clear. He pressed a spot on my jaw and it seems the pain is coming from there so I might have TMJ. I will still get a second opinion from my ENT tomorrow to make sure its not the ears and make an appt with Oral Surgeon to confirm it is TMJ