Ear Ringing That Changes Frequencies Every Second — Almost Like a Pattern

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jaskaran, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Jaskaran

Jaskaran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So I know that tinnitus manifests differently in everyone but I have seen a general pattern in the types of sounds that people usually get in the sense that it is of a certain tone/volume. I have spent quite a bit of time scouring Tinnitus Talk and I have only managed to find 1 person that could describe their ringing similar to mine. I drew a short sample of what my ringing looks like and was wondering if anyone could offer ideas on what the possible cause could be or if anyone has experience something similar. I am leaning towards some sort of muscle/nerve irritation since I had a massage done a few days ago that cut the volume of my tinnitus by almost 90% for up to the day after but it didn't last long. Sitting and lying down also aggravate my tinnitus immediately. For example I spent the majority of my day one time working at my standing desk and I enjoyed quiet tinnitus for up to 8 hours, but it ramped up immediately when I sat down. Another example is that I usually go to bed with 1 ear ringing/screeching and soon after the volume ramps up and both ears start to ring. I then have to switch to my side in order to get one of the ears to calm down.

I've already been to the ENT and they said my hearing was great and the pressure in my ears was normal so I highly doubt I have any noise damage since I prefer a quiet lifestyle anyways and I'm only 20. I also have not been taking any medication near the time the ringing started about 3 months ago.

Sample.png

2. PrayForMe
      Pooptoast

PrayForMe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10th September 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Blocking my ear with oil
      Ahh seems like it could be due to bad posture etc.

Seems like you have found the cause.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jaskaran

Jaskaran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I hope so. I had my first NUCCA adjustment done today, too bad my body is never one to give immediate results for anything.

4. HelenaGrosh

HelenaGrosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after surgery
      I have the same problem. In the morning when I wake up for example I barely can hear any ringing. Immediately when I stand up and go to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee, my left ear starts ringing. It is already 3 months and I seriously cannot habituate. I hear two different tones in my left ear, one is buzzing and the second one is more like ringing, but it is seriously hard to describe. Moreover, when I move muscles in my ear (the ones that cause flattering sound), ringing becomes louder. Strange. I just hope one day it will go away, since I am still young (23) and I cant imagine living with that for the rest of my life

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jaskaran

Jaskaran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Mine is a bit of the opposite, although it's quiet in the morning, it still rings a bit when I'm lying down. It lowers and turns into a white noise hissing when I get up and then build back up to the ringing by night.

I'm also not sure what you mean by moving your muscles in the ear?

6. HelenaGrosh

HelenaGrosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after surgery
      Well I can probably move my tympani membrane muscle, some people can some cannot. I still think there has to be cure for both of us. Because this is not typical high pitch ringing that people with hearing damage have. It is more somatic, not sure.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jaskaran

Jaskaran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It is certainly a matter of trying new things and figuring out what works from the hints. I will update you if my chiropractic treatment offers any promising results.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1