Ear Symptoms Related to Hyperacusis?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Juan, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I was wondering if anyone experiences eye symptoms related to H, like feeling fullness behind the eyes, getting tired eyesight real quick when reading or using a computer, or things like that.. I have noticed that the fullness in my ears is affecting or getting irradiated towards the eyes, which makes me feel tired quite quickly specially when reading (checked with the ophthalmologist already and the doctor said everything looked fine).

2. Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      Hi:

I don't have that particular pattern and never have heard about it over the years. However, when I get pain in my ears, it will radiate into my jaw muscles and face in general, if bad enough (nothing upwards). And if even worse, I will get some tension in my neck area. Don't know why.

I get tension behind the eyes sometimes , which I sense when I wake up during the night. Something happenned while sleeping for that tension to manifest itself, but I do not know what.

Marco

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      I have the same symptoms. When I get stabbing ear pain, my neck, jaw, shoulders get painful, too. Sometimes, the pain also travels up my earlobes, temples, cheeks, and around my eyes. Filling in my eyebrows with makeup hurts, as well as wearing sunglasses and grinning widely.

I've been taking Dolo-Neurobion 2x a day, which helps with the facial pain. I was prescribed Lyrica as well but I'm scared to take it due to possible side effects.

As for the shoulder and neck pain, physical therapy helped me a lot. I might have to go back and do that again.

I read somewhere here on TT that the trigeminal nerve gets irritated when inner/middle ear muscles (like the tensor tympani) contract a lot more than they should (which is the case for people with H).

• Like Like x 1