Ear Tone by New Nordic

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by rogi, Jun 16, 2012.

1. rogi

rogi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi,

I just came across this product on a dutch forum about tinnitus, where someone asked if anyone tried this product. I'm curious if maybe anyone here is using it?

Ear Tone on iHerb.com (first-time customers get $5-10 off of their order)

2. nookie

nookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2006
      Hi,

I've did... Tried and useless. Actually i've felt it increased my TT :)
      So don't buy it. Waste of money

3. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      It is interesting though. I remember reading somewhere that non alcoholic beer really helped someone's tinnitus - hops?

4. Justin C

Justin C Member

Has anyone ever tried "Ear Tone" by New Nordic? My Mom suggested I try this out but obviously I'm very skeptical. My tinnitus has gotten worse in the last 6 months, but I've felt I been able to manage it a little better as of late. I've had tinnitus as long as I can remember to be honest...that long. I didn't realize what it was until recently. I'm not looking for a cure, because I know none exist, I'm just looking to improve my quality of living.

Back to the question. Any feedback on this product is appreciated. It is a pill that you are supposed to take daily.

5. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      I was in a shop today and they offered it me too here in the Netherlands !!

• Like Like x 1
    6. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      This just ginko. Magnesium oxide and some tree bark extract. I'm calling BS and shame on this company.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Lorne F

Lorne F Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Taking Ear Tone for three months had no effect on me other than lightening my wallet by over $100.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Ear Tone's ingredients (per 2 tablets)

- Ginkgo biloba L. – Ginkgo (Leaf) [50:1]: 100 mg 24 % Flavonoid glycosides 6 % Terpene lactones
      - Magnesium (magnesium oxide): 532 mg
      - Pinus pinaster - Maritime pine (bark): 50 mg 95 % Proanthocyanidins

One box is 60 tables @ $35.

1 tablet has:
      • 50 mg of ginkgo biloba
      • 266 mg of magnesium oxide (the worst form of magnesium?)
      • 25 mg of maritime pine

If you buy these ingredients separately...

So, as a comparison, for approx. $100:

Buying Ear Tone you would get:
      8.5 g of Ginkgo Biloba
      45.5 g of Magnesium (worse form)
      4.2 g of Maritime Pine

Buying the ingredients separately, you would get:
      43 g of Ginkgo Biloba
      24 g of Magnesium (better form)
      12 g of Maritime Pine

And if you substitute the better form of magnesium with magnesium oxide, you would get the following amount for $100:
      43 g of Ginkgo Biloba
      63 g of Magnesium Oxide
      12 g of Maritime Pine

What do you make of this?

It clearly does not make sense to buy Ear Tone.

The same thing goes for countless other "ear supplements" -- buying the ingredients separately is way more cost efficient!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    9. dj dunphy

dj dunphy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      I bought this product for my tinnitus, no where on this product does it warn anyone with bowel problems not to take it. I used this product for 3 days and had NO relief at all from my tinnitus. What I did experience however is severe stomach cramps and diarrhea for 3 days after I stopped taking this, I would NOT recommend this product to anyone with bowel or digestive issues.

10. gacurtis69

gacurtis69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I stopped taking after 12 days because it seemed to make it worse.

11. fiercerose

fiercerose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Ear Tone
      by New Nordic USA

NNO-71530-1.jpg

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS25kfHsFlWTDxuLaUfffvNlfmOgfbxTF82Z-YbsXooLQWvfi8&usqp=CAE.jpg

pycnogenol-grapeseed-50-mg-30-tablets-by-source-naturals.jpg

41xjLsMlxGL._SY355_.jpg

“Ear Tone is an advanced formulation of bioactive nutrients, herbal extracts, and minerals studied for their influence in microcirculation and tinnitus. Contains ginkgo with terpenoids and flavonoids that allow blood to flow to the ear, and magnesium and maritime pine bark which help reduce muscle spasms that cause tinnitus in the ear. 2 daily.”

Magnesium:
      o http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...gredientid=998&activeingredientname=magnesium

o http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Minerals-Magnesium-Oil-oz/dp/B001AD0HL8/

Ginkgo biloba:
      o http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...eingredientid=333&activeingredientname=ginkgo

Supplement Facts
      Serving Size: 2 tablets
      Serving Per Container: 30
      Amount Per Serving %DV*
      Magnesium (Magnesium oxide) 532 mg 133%
      Ginkgo biloba L. (leaf)
      24% Flavonoid glycosides
      6% Terpene lactones 100 mg *
      Pinus pinaster - Maritime pine (bark)
      95% Proanthocyanidins 50 mg *
      Daily Value (DV) not established.
      http://www.iherb.com/New-Nordic-US-Inc-Ear-Tone-60-Tablets/61880

Common names: Maritime pine extract, pine bark extract, Pycnogenol
      http://www.drugs.com/npc/maritime-pine.html
      • Pycnogenol is the US registered trademark name for a product derived from the pine bark of a tree known as Pinus pinaster. The active ingredients in pycnogenol can also be extracted from other sources, including peanut skin, grape seed, and witch hazel bark.

Pycnogenol is used for treating circulation problems, allergies, asthma, ringing in the ears, high blood pressure, muscle soreness, pain, osteoarthritis, diabetes, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a disease of the female reproductive system called endometriosis, menopausal symptoms, painful menstrual periods, erectile dysfunction (ED), and an eye disease called retinopathy
      http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...edientid=1019&activeingredientname=pycnogenol .

• Pycnogenol is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth in doses of 50 mg to 450 mg daily for up to one year, and when applied to the skin as a cream for up to 7 days or as a powder for up to 6 weeks. Pycnogenol can cause dizziness, gut problems, headache, and mouth ulcers.
      http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...edientid=1019&activeingredientname=pycnogenol

• Side Effects
      o Pine bark extract is generally well tolerated, with minor stomach discomfort, dizziness, nausea, and headache occasionally noted. Clinical studies using Pycnogenol report no clinically important adverse events.
      http://www.drugs.com/npc/maritime-pine.html

Although uncommon, serious side effects have been reported with the use of ginkgo (the active ingredient contained in Ginkgo Biloba) If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking ginkgo and seek emergency medical attention or notify your doctor immediately:
      an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
      irregular heartbeats;
      muscle spasms or cramps;
      seizures; or
      loss of consciousness.
      Other less serious side effects have also been reported to occur. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you experience
      headache;
      dizziness; or
      stomach upset.
      Do not use ginkgo seeds or fruit pulp. These have been shown to be toxic. Also, do not handle the ginkgo fruit pulp. A severe reaction including skin redness, swelling, blistering, and itching lasting for 7 to 10 days has been reported.
      This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
      http://www.drugs.com/sfx/ginkgo-biloba-side-effects.html

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
      o I suggest buying the three supplements separately and trying one each week so that you can closely monitor your symptoms strategically.

o Magnesium does cause nausea. I strongly encourage you to try the lotion or the oil so that you can get the full benefit without upsetting your stomach.

o These supplements share a common theme of blood flow.

o Sometimes the change of blood flow in the ears can make some people dizzy.

o You need to determine whether this supplement is ok for you.

I hope my research has helped you. stay hopeful! If Ear tone or the separate supplements don’t work for you, have faith that the answers you need are out there. So please don’t give up! your way to awesome and your needs are valid and important! Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    12. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      what you describe might very well not have absolutely anything to do with those pills. Noone excpects improvement from anything after as few as 3 days, especially natural products like this one ! the box says it needs to be taken for 2 months.Same with the diarhea - you might have simply eaten sth unfesh or covered with bacteria. Don't yoy think ?

• Like Like x 1
    13. Elluz
      Creative

Elluz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5 months ago
      I actually took two everyday since i received my order. I still have the same noise in my ears. This didnt help at all. Geez i would like my money back!

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Irene Bloom
      Confused

Irene Bloom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety
    15. Genevieve

Genevieve Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      car accident
      Hi everyone,
      I bought ear tone one week ago (I live in the Netherlands), the one I bought, compared to the English/French product has no ginkgo biloba in it. Tone was highly recommended to me by my neighbour who had a very positive effect with that product. After one week it's too soon for me to say if it's going to work or not. According to my neighbour you have to take it for a long time, to feel the benefit of this medication.

• Like Like x 1
    16. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      This sort of complete and utter crap really makes me angry id like find the makers get their stupid pathetic tablets and shove them where the sun doesnt shine. Even if these ingrediants work there is so little of each in them AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH

• Like Like x 1
    17. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      This sort of complete and utter crap really makes me angry id like find the makers get their stupid pathetic tablets and shove them where the sun doesnt shine. Even if these ingrediants work there is so little of each in them AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH

18. Tadeusz S

Tadeusz S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Has New Nordic Ear Tone actually worked for *anybody*? Anyone at all?

Even if it doesn't work for most people, is there a *single* instance of it working?

My GP says there is "no evidence for it working". He's usually right.

19. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?

X3½-ish profit? lol.

20. Tadeusz S

Tadeusz S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Just for the sake of certainty;

Has New Nordic Ear Tone actually worked for *anybody*? Anyone at all?

Even if it doesn't work for most people, is there a *single* instance of it working?

21. tomtom

tomtom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud disco band
      I've had tinnitus since 1997, due to loud disco. Tried Ear Tone 10 days ago: 1st pill caused me to e-mail friends "a miracle" - I had almost complete quiet that evening. It did not re-occur. However, continued use for 10 days, a pill morning and night, so far, and only in the evenings and at night, until about 3:00 or 4:00 AM, the tinnitus is significantly reduced - right now, it's 10:00 PM my time, and its very, very much in the background = great. During the day, it is full blast. I'm going to continue, and see what happens: for me, no down-side so far. Sometimes, when the tinnitus does return, it is a more acceptable spectrum: not "white noise", but a dominant tone, with side noise.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    22. SoundB0und
      Balanced

SoundB0und Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      I am taking this supplement at the moment, bought from a local pharmacy. The company making it is the same, package is very similar and the name is the same, but the ingredients are almost completely different.

The one I'm taking doesn't have Ginkgo or Maritime pine.

It has:

Buckwhat extract (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) 400 mg 5:1

Blueberry extract (Vaccinium myrtillus L.) 200 mg 5:1

Hop extract (Humulus lupulus) 100 mg 5:1

?Galangal? root extract(Alpinia galanga Hance.) 40 mg 5:1

Potassium citrate 160 mg

Magnesium oxide 150 mg

Niacin 27 mg

I'm taking 2 pills a day. After the first dose last night the tinnitus seemed to actually spike and the tone seemed to be higher, but this morning it was better. It's fluctuating like my tinnitus always is but when I started writing this post it was the quietest it had been in 2 months. Also my hearing has improved and my hyperacusis is better. It is still too soon to have any definitive conclusions though, I'm aware of that.

I'd be interested in hearing from you, @tomtom and how did this supplement pan out for you and which ingredients did it have?

Will report my experiences with this supplement to this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. Noise_sucks
      Dumb

Noise_sucks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise trauma
      @SoundB0und Sounds not too bad! Can you post a picture of the product you are using?

• Like Like x 2
    24. SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      This is the same package I have, except I found the picture online and the text on it is in a different language, the colors and text placement and meaning(I guess) is the same:

064ca4d9fa3fdf7abce7eca1f49a4796.png

• Like Like x 2
    25. Noise_sucks
      Dumb

Noise_sucks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise trauma
      Can you make a picture of the one you have? That would be really helpful :)

26. SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Why would it be helpful? I literally see no difference in terms of how it'd be easier to identify it. Why I don't want to do that is because it would reveal my country because the text is in the language of the country I'm living in(it's not English and I live in a small country). That together with the info in my introductory thread, somebody might identify me technically if he really tried, probably not but you never know. Maybe you're doubting if I ever bought the supplement and used it. I can't prove that I did obviously, but the pills color is grey(kinda like wet concrete) with black and white particles in them, which isn't usually the color of herb pills and natural supplements.

Yesterday my tinnitus was much better and I was much less careful about avoiding loud noises. Today it's still better than 4 days ago but not as good as yesterday. I doub't I did permanent damage yesterday, it wasnt that loud, but it gave me a temporary spike.

I will continue taking them and report in this thread.

27. SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      So I've been taking Ear Tone for over 2 weeks now. I forgot to take my evening dose 2 days ago and yesterday I had much worse tinnitus. Have taken 3 doses since I forgot and its much better now, so I'm pretty sure it's working. I find I'm quite sensitive to substances, I get a lot of side-effects but also so many things that don't work for other people work for me. Will continue taking it for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. G H
      Curious

G H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So is it still working for you? I saw an ad for this in my local newspaper today and was considering purchasing it but the reviews here don't look too promising.

29. SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      I am no longer taking the Ear Tone pills. It caused me pain in the liver area, which wasn't too bad but that combined with the fact that the effect on my tinnitus was mild and that the Tone pills cost quite a bit made me quit them about a half a year ago already.

I think if you wanna try supplements, your money would be better spent on Nicotinamide Riboside or NAC in my opinion. Both of them had a much better effect on my tinnitus but I couldn't keep taking them because of side effects. And NR will actually help heal your ears instead of just masking the tinnitus like the Tone pills. That being said, they did help me a little bit while I took them.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1