Eardrums Are Black

Discussion in 'Support' started by CricketEars, Sep 2, 2018.

1. CricketEars

CricketEars Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2003
      I saw an ad for a USB camera that you can look into your ears with. I was curious, so I ordered it and looked in my ear canal. The eardrums looks fine, but there was some wax build up, so I used over the counter drops to help clean it.

Yesterday I looked with the camera and there was much less wax, but my eardrums were black! Only the outer part was the normal white/beige color. Not sure what this means, but my tinnitus is way worse today too and the eardrums are still black.

Anyone know what could be a cause of this? It seems strange that it was so sudden.

Does anyone know if it's possible for your TMJ to bleed into your ear? Thanks for any responses!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CricketEars

CricketEars Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2003
      Looking at it today, the eardrums have dilated blood vessels on the outside, so I'm thinking it's a middle ear infection in both ears but the fluid is just dark. Weird that it happened right after I used ear drops. Guess I'll have to make an appointment

3. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I’d definitely make an appointment and get them checked. Best not to make any assumptions.