Eargasm Earplug NRR Lies?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Earing, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I am looking for a set of musician's earplugs with the highest rating.

I find these Eargasm musician's plugs online. There are reviews etc. So I find them on Amazon.
      Check out this noise reduction doublespeak:

"Up to 21 dB (NRR 16 dB)"

So how does that work? If they have an NRR rating of 16dB then they will reduce the dB by 16-7 divided by 2 = 4.5dB reduction. How do they get at 21dB reduction? Five dB higher than the NRR rating which isn't the actual reduction?

Here is the product page:

https://www.amazon.com/Eargasm-Musicians-Motorcycles-Sensitivity-Conditions/dp/B019M576XW/

If anyone can recommend an off the shelf musician's plug with a high rating please post it.

2. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      EARGASM earplugs: nothing is exaggerated.

eargasm1.gif

eargasm4.gif

eargasm6.gif

eargasm3.gif

eargasm.gif

eargasm2.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
    3. IB9

IB9 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Going to gun range
      I use primarily AudioMate and as backup Brison.

The AudioMate seems to work pretty well, and if I insert it deep inside the ear canal, I think it does protect as close as it says (27 dB). This is by comparing the noise that I hear, between foam earplug and AudioMate.

Note that since there are differences in everyone ear canal, even though a product claims that it can protect up to X decibel, it may protect less for you, or more. You'll have to just try which one works the best.

Also, depending on the severity of your tinnitus, and how loud the environment is, try to stock up some slim earmuff also. Sometimes depending on the situation you may need to wear double protection, just in case.

For me I stock this Walker Slim Earmuff at several places, inside the car, backpack, home. The earmuff can be folded to be very compact, and the earmuff does not make the person wearing it look dorky either.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1