EarPopper Cured My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Jskimble, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Jskimble

Jskimble Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Blocked Eustachian tubes
      I had an I stance where I was suffering from tinnitus for a while, it was the most frustrating experience, all I wanted to do was sleep because when I was sleeping I couldn't hear anything. It can lead to depression and anxiety so definitely talk to someone about it, even though this in itself can be frustrating because of the hearing loss.

I tried all the classics, swallowing water while holding my nose etc, nothing worked.

What did work was a device called an EarPopper:

https://www.amazon.com/EarPopper-Home-Version-Summit-Medical/dp/B01MU03MER/

It works by blowing air into one nostril while you hold the other closed, and you then swallow. If you find this difficult try doing it with some water.

In my experience it created a popping sensation followed by almost instant return of sound.

I had to use it multiple times but it was effective and cleared my tinnitus.

If you feel congested or feel swelling or pressure around your ear jaw and neck area, it's likely your eustachian tubes are not draining correctly, this led to tinnitus in my case.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Low 20 years high sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Use above method with care. It can result in ear drum damage if not used properly.

• Agree Agree x 4
    3. Clare Johnson
      Asleep

Clare Johnson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection/lyme or bartonella
      For me what worked better was the Otovent. I believe it’s safer than the EarPopper. Still have tinnitus but mine is due to inflammation from Lyme disease. Congrats on yours being gone!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. martinberryhorse

martinberryhorse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug 5, 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One hard cough
      Tried the EarPopper. Made sure I used it correctly, ended up hurting my right ear slightly (just mild pain) but no increased ringing, and the air refused to go into the left ear.

I don't know what to think of that, it's been a few months since then so I figured I'd try the Otovent. Should arrive in a few days.

• Like Like x 1
    5. wocaonima

wocaonima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      EarPopper reduced the volume of my tinnitus the first time I used it, but then it has not offered any further help any more..

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. Wakingknowledge
      Tired

Wakingknowledge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/06/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acid Rebound from PPI withdrawal? TMJ? eating before bed?
      When I was a young kid, I had a similar issue and it drove me crazy for weeks. I finally had my father drive me to the ENT doc and he literally took a fine tipped metal tool and poked a hole in my eardrum. I now it sounds insane. I heard a large whooshing sound and yelled, "I am gonna puke get me a bucket!" I did not puke. Ever since then my ear did not bother me. strange.

7. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems/ETD
      I think my ears being unable to equalize is a big reason for my T. Sadly because it's TMJ related nothing really helps.

Glad this worked for you though!

8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This device, and Otovent, have been helpful in opening blocked e-tubes following viral illnesses, but have not done much for my tinnitus. However, if someone had temporarily reduced hearing as a result of blocked tubes as the cause of their tinnitus, then I understand how this would work.

I sometimes get bouts of fleeting tinnitus from blowing my nose or opening my e-tubes, and I try to ignore it because who know what it means.

9. Gavin999

Gavin999 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Bang
      Interesting what you say about Lyme disease. My tinnitus has got much worse since a tick bite over a year ago.

10. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      ?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      This actually helped me. Initially it made my static worse but after a couple days it got much better. I still have high pitched sound though.

11. KWC

KWC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection/TMJ ??
      Are you saying you just tried EarPopper and it helped?

12. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      ?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Nothing works consistently for me. I’m getting a cervical epidural Thursday. I’m not sure if my left TMJ and neck is involved? I may be good for one day and then I wake up with noise. I probably use the EarPopper too much.

13. KWC

KWC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection/TMJ ??
      Have you ever tried a upper cervical chiropractor? I may try the EarPopper... I have yet to find anything that will relieve the noise at all.

14. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      ?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I tried almost everything. I have a swirling noise in my head now.

15. KWC

KWC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection/TMJ ??
    16. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      ?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I cancelled it for now. I have an appointment at Piper TMJ clinic on April 19th. I didn’t get any help from Mayo Rochester. They will do a new TMJ MRI. I don’t really have pain in my TMJ, just the noise. I think it’s related. My right TMJ is normal.

17. KWC

KWC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection/TMJ ??
      I hope it goes well. It looks like the cost is out of pocket. Let us know how it goes for you.

• Like Like x 1
    18. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      ?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I might see if I can get the cervical epidural done locally instead of 80 miles away. I had one done last year about this time and a couple weeks later a lumbar epidural.