Ears and Throat Sore with Increase in Volume!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Scottrock, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Scottrock
      Fine

Scottrock Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly ear infection or loud music
      Hi All,

Have been doing really well despite T increasing in volume by the day.

But in the past few days though my ears have constant pain and with it a sore throat. Not so bad in the morning - Gets worse as the day wears on and I wear out! Asked the ENT about it - had no idea - which is about the extend of what I have got from the 3 I have had consults with. I could battle and learn to ignore the ringing if it wasn't for the pain I reckon.

Has anyone else the same and dealt with it? Or is it just part of this 'crappy' hand I've been dealt?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sounds like you have a virus in your system and would cause the spike and sore or inflamed throat...
      I'm sure it will settle in a few days but if the pain gets worse I would get checked out again as infections to the ear can come on quick.

My ears have spiked a little and chest rattles and nose full of clear mucous and inflamed throat but should pass over a couple of weeks...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scottrock
      Fine

Scottrock Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly ear infection or loud music
      Thanks Glynis,
      Yeah! I thought it may have been a virus. I'm just finishing up a course of Prednisone which I figured may have been counter productive - I seemed to get better then worse whilst on it. From tomorrow I am going to get of all meds and supplements and see how all goes.

4. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      gargling salt water, removing the mucus from the back of the throat silents my ear everytime