Ears ringing permanantly, but I still love playing music, argh!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chrisnorthstar, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hi Ben,

I am quite sensitive about this as my T, that damn near destroyed me, was caused by ONE night watching a live rock band play in a small local pub. The volume was just too loud. Your drummer - or anyone else for that matter - needs to turn it down. Carry on at that level and give other people T - your choice. I just cannot be on this forum and not voice strong opinions on 110db music.

I don't have any stats about the effect of under 85db noise on T but I can tell you that it does affect it and sometimes permanently. Tinnitus ears, or rather noise-damaged ears, or rather hearing-loss affected ears, don't behave in the same way towards noise as normal un-damaged ears do. Do you know what the rather polite term 'hearing-loss' actually means? Deafness. Yes, a level of deafness.

If we had posters and government adverts telling us that noise causes DEAFNESS and tinnitus then maybe your drummer would see them and turn it down.

2. Danny
      Fine

Danny Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      He got a homeopathic person to concoct a few different supplement prescription, on a try and see basis until he found one that would help allieviate the sound, didn't get rid of it but make it less noticable, and he gives no further description as to what was concocted for him , just the same as David Letterman he refuses to divulge any information in regards to his methods. Assholes both of them for not willing to share!!!

3. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Asshole is too polite a term for that sort of behaviour.