Ears Ringing Since November 2014

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hugh Hart, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Hugh Hart

Hugh Hart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 20, 2014
      I accidentally exposed myself to a blast of high-decibel audio while wearing headphones around November 20, 2014. I live in Los Angeles, California.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Acoustic Trauma Tinnitus is usually permanent, but I could be wrong. Some people have recovered. You will have to browse this forum for acoustic Trauma Tinnitus posts.

3. Kevin08
      Balanced

Kevin08 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Hugh you are only a couple of months in, chances are you will make improvement. Try to keep calm and make sure you are sleeping well. The term "Acoustic Trauma Tinnitus" covers a huge range of potential causes and levels of damage ranging those who have a pesky noise they can hear only when in a quite environment to those who cannot hear human speech over the noise in their heads. Take some time to read the Success Stories and Treatments.
      Kevin

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Yes, acoustic trauma T is quite common. Soldiers in the military are known to return with this problem. Two famous celebrities got their T from a sudden explosion too, Captain Kirk and Spark in Star Trek, LOL. They were in a set and an explosion happened prematurely and too close to them, and they had to go ER right away. Since then they have T. Poor Spark with that big ear. William Shatner (Capt Kirk) has recovered and become the spokeperson for ATA since then. Here is a video clip of him talking about his T with David Letterman who also has T. This show was in 1996. They are still living a normal life. So there is still life after T.

David Letterman with William Shatner - March,...

5. catlady

catlady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      a change in medication.
      My Tinnitus started when I began taking new medications. It's a high pitched hissing sound, constantly intrusive and distracting. I really don't want to alter my medicine again, I've had so many different types of pills. What's my prognosis? Should I see my doctor again?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. Ricky81
      Worried

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hugh,

You should look into AM-101 trials. You are eligible for AM-101 if your T is less than 3 months old.. So you would qualify. Research AM-101 on this forum and sign up for it.

7. Ricky81
      Worried

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do you know which medication?
      I had intracraeneal pressure, ear infection and 8th day doing ciprodex ear drops when my T started, all after an assault 50 days before T started.

Some people have reported Tinnitus after doing Ciprodex Ear drops. However my ENT doesn't think Ciprodex can cause Tinnitus.. so who knows..

You can google your medication and see the side effects or google "Med name tinnitus" and see what you find from webmd, or rx websites.

My T was louder first few months and after 6 months now its just a low whooshing sound in both ears which I only hear in quite rooms and at night before going to sleep.