Earwax Removal? Did It Help?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheGagagirl1234, Jul 16, 2015.

1. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      I finally got the nerve to talk to my mother about T. She was worried but as I expected, she would support me and take me to the doctor after the holidays. But I'm so scared. I fear that earwax removal will make my T worse, as it already is in my left ear :(
      I can't sleep anymore. It's fine during the day if I can mask the sound, but at night it is like fighting your worst enemy. I thought that it was going to be better, but I guess I was wrong. Have you tried earwax removal? If yes, did it help? I really need some advise on that! Thanks in advance :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Ear wax could cause tinnitus , you need to get it out if it is impacted on youre ear drum , I've done it when I first got t but unfortunately it didn't do anything for me :( but you could try , go to the ent and get it checked out !

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      Thanks! I'll see if it helps. :)
      If only I weren't so afraid to talk about it. I know it's my fault if it gets worse or if the doctor can't do anything. :(

4. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Ah no dw , just go to the ent and tell him / her if it's necessary to remove the wax if it's not , then it's good to have some wax in the ear , it protects from dust and bacteria , don't worry to much about it I'm new as well to T and I have it loud sometimes and I'm only 19 hope you're doing better x

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      Thanks! :)
      I hope it's just a temporary condition. But I'll still go to the doctor :)

6. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yeah of course you have to give it a check , good luck ! Keep us updated

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      Thanks! I will do that :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hey @TheGagagirl1234: Really, this is a safe procedure. I am soooo lucky, I get to have it done all the time, as my ears produce an extraordinary amount of wax. I go for removal at least twice yearly. Far better that you get a doc to do it rather than trying to use a syringe on yourself (which can lead to serious complications). Removal could make your tinnitus better, not worse.

Ask the doc to do it by hand if possible, versus with a syringe or an air vacuum. The process is a bit longer that way but its better for your tinnitus. If your ears are impacted, though, they may need to use another method. You also can ask them to first put in a solution that will soften the wax before they begin.

Fear not, it will be fine. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      Earwax has a tedency, in big amount, to reduce hearing by blocking the eardrum... so it would be INCREDIBLE ( in the bad way) and unexpectable to a removal to increase T.

And Ladydi said, it's a safe procedure. Because it's a common problem!

• Agree Agree x 1